See job description for details
Job Title: Java Engineer Location: Melbourne, Docklands
- Do work that matters on a large scale
- Collaborate with talented teams of engineers and leaders in their field
- Forget the suit stereotype – we encourage our people to dress for their day
At ANZ our purpose is to shape a world where people and communities thrive and to achieve this, we need a talented Engineer,
to join our Foreign Exchange Services team.
The Team mission is to provide Best-in-Class Foreign Exchange Services to ANZ customers by empowering staff to build World-class products. eFX Technology Team is responsible for FX electronic market making, aggregation and algorithmic trading. What a typical day might look like
What will likely be in your toolkit?
- Works with traders, quantitative analysts, java engineers, analysts and testers to deliver low latency FX trading systems
- Enables continuous delivery practices to increase delivery speed
- Works in collaborative teams to build innovative solutions
- Utilises tools and practices to build, verify and deploy solutions in the most efficient ways, enhancing tech division capabilities
- Implements a culture within the Tribe and the Chapter, encouraging best practices around reviews, quality and documentation
- Contributes to Engineering communities, meetups and conferences to promote technology development culture and practices
- Provide ongoing support for platforms as required e.g. problem and incident management
- Creates estimates and continuously reviews demand within the individual Squads/teams
- May create, understand and monitor application metrics
Specialised Skills The following skills are necessary for the role:
- Have a thirst and willingness to expand knowledge with new technologies bringing benefits into the Tribe
- Ability to triage and diagnose defects/issues
- Experienced working with operations and architecture groups developing scalable and supportable solutions (desired but not mandatory)
- Understand customer needs to make sound judgments
- Pays attention to the detail and demonstrates problem solving capability to develop and deliver quality solutions
- Understanding of current state landscape and relevant technologies
- Has a broad understanding of how to apply New Ways of Working to their role
The following skills are highly regarded:
- Strong core Java 8
- Multi/N-threaded programming
- Domain-driven design, functional programming and micro-services
- Shell/Bash scripting
- Building high throughput low latency java software including performance tuning and optimisation to achieve microsecond latencies.
- Passionate, self-starter with the ability to work on problems from inception to completion
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to collaborate within eFX Technology team, wider FX technology, support and trading stakeholders
- Strong academic background, preferably in computer science or a hard-science
- Quantitative development experience in high frequency electronic market making/algorithmic trading
- Low latency messaging
- Event sourcing
- Experience in FX trading systems, Market Marking, SOR or FIX
- Hardware for low latency, Linux kernel/OS internals
You’re not expected to have 100% of these skills. At ANZ a growth mindset is at the heart of our culture and we actively encourage people to try new things. So if this role interests you and you feel you have most of these things in your toolbox, we’d love to hear from you. About ANZ
At ANZ, everything we do boils down to ‘why’ – our purpose – to shape a world where people and communities thrive. We're just as focused on seeing our people thrive as well as our customers. We'll give you every opportunity to develop your career.
We are responding faster to changing customer requirements, focusing on the things that matter the most, energising our people, eliminating waste and reducing bureaucracy.
A happy workplace is a thriving one. So in order to attract and keep the best talent, and say thanks for the hard work, we make sure all our employees are rewarded. We work flexibly at ANZ and encourage you to talk to us about how this role can be flexible for you and any adjustments you may require to our recruitment process or the role itself
. If you are a candidate with a disability, let us know how we can provide you with additional support.
To find out more about working at ANZ or to view other opportunities visit www.anz.com/careers. You may apply for this role by visiting ANZ Careers and search for reference number Taleo Job Code (AUS134380)