Senior IoT Specialist Solutions Architect
DESCRIPTION Are you passionate about the intersection of cloud computing and IoT? Can you design unique, cutting-edge solutions that combine IoT architectural best practices across different verticals such as Smart Cities/Smart Nations, Automotive, Smart Devices and Manufacturing? Do you have deep technical knowledge, business acumen and strong interpersonal skills?
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is seeking a Senior IoT Specialist Solutions Architect to help our customers craft their next-generation IoT solutions on AWS IoT. AWS IoT is bridging the connection between the Internet and the real world, allowing our customers to connect and manage their devices at the edge securely and at scale, and use the data to creation new experiences and actionable business value. This is a highly technical position for someone who can dive deep, build complex, AWS-optimized architectures, and help customers accelerate their adoption of AWS IoT services. Your broad responsibilities include owning the technical engagement and developing reusable content other Solution Architects can use to help their IoT customers. You should be as comfortable discussing complex technical details with a room full of engineers as you are briefing an executive audience. In addition, you will engage with other AWS solutions architects, sales specialists, partners, and professional services to drive large and highly complex sales opportunities to closure.
• Work with customers to explore their business issues and understand how AWS IoT can help address and resolve these issues
• Educate customers on the value proposition of AWS IoT, and participate in deep architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment in the cloud
• Author or contribute to AWS customer-facing publications such as white papers, presentations, demos, and reference architectures
• Capture best practices from your customer engagements and share across the AWS Solutions Architect community.
• Provide consulting support to the customer and Customer service teams, drive complex interactions between the customers, AWS service teams, Customer teams, and third-party partners
• Create or otherwise contribute to business cases for Customer projects.
• Act as a trusted advisor to the customer and a technical liaison between customers, service engineering teams, and partners
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS • 5+ years relevant technical experience
• 2+ years relevant customer-facing (technology/software sales, pre-sales, consulting, etc.) experience
• Experience with IoT Application development processes and IoT architectures
• BA/BS degree preferred or equivalent work experience required.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS • Industry experience - for example in Manufacturing, Consumer Devices, Automotive, Oil & Gas
• Computer vision, video analytics, edge inference/ML
• Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort with both large and small audiences
• Experience with scripting (e.g. python, PowerShell)
• Proficiency in a programming languages like C, C++, Java, Node.js and GO
• Computer Science or Math background highly desired