Senior Finance Associate | Group Regulatory Reporting
About the role
- Opportunity for a Senior Associate in Group Regulatory Reporting
- Progressive and agile culture
- Build your career at NAB
The role of Senior Associate, Group Regulatory Reporting (GRR) Partnering & Control (P&C) Return Preparer role will prepare Regulatory reports to meet the reporting requirements of the agencies within the required timeframe. This will be achieved by facilitating and actioning the reporting process from report preparation through to submission of reports and includes post submission activities. Accountabilities
In this pivotal and exciting role, your key responsibilities will include:
Skills and Experience
- Ensuring the report preparation process is complete and accurate for regulatory reporting purposes;
- Working with the Manager to develop plans to achieve optimal end-to-end service / process outcomes in each performance period;
- Running appropriate validation and completeness checks via the custom reports including supporting data review schedules and reconciliation reports;
- Undertaking data analysis, and validation of regulatory data, returns, surveys and custom reports;
- Preparation of any management reporting as required by the senior leaders;
- Identifying and escalating issues to relevant stakeholders as appropriate;
- Actively managing risks, issues and incidents impacting Regulatory reporting and working with appropriate stakeholders to drive appropriate remediation;
- Coordinating the workflow for returns/surveys/custom reports, including the review of supporting documents workflow, and ensuring return/survey/custom report sign off and submission;
- Coordinating with the broader GRR team and Return Owners to ensure that returns, surveys and custom reports are fit for purpose, and key controls across the preparation process are documented, performed, evidenced and operating effectively;
- Supporting the Data Validators with validating and testing changes that impact Regulatory reporting;
- Addressing and resolving return/survey post submission items in addition to queries from the agencies;
- Maintaining process documentation, including upstream and downstream impacts and implications;
- Liaising and working with internal and/or external audit to ensure they are supported in their understanding of operational processes and controls and responding to queries, as required;
- Work with the Manager, GRR P&C and other team members to define the capabilities and technical skills required to execute the processes;
- Forecast and escalate where required the demand for resources given operational performance targets, cost constraints and the volumes expected to be processed.
To succeed in this role, you must be able to work in a fast-paced and complex environment and have:
- Previous experience in financial and statutory reporting and knowledge of regulatory reporting is desirable but not essential Knowledge of financial services business & products and industry experience is preferred;
- Understanding of system mapping, financial reporting systems and processes;
- Ability to review complex data structures and rules to analyse information from multiple sources;
- Sound and detailed knowledge of the agencies' reporting requirements;
- Highly evolved communication skills coupled with critical thinking and ability to engage and influence across a wide range of stakeholders;
- Effective time management including ability to manage many priorities simultaneously;
- Strong attention to detail, numeracy and analytical skills;
- Relevant tertiary qualification in Business, Commence, Accounting or Finance and a post graduate qualification (CA, CPA or equivalent).
We believe success comes from our people. We're committed to supporting your talent and skills through your career, as you help us build a culture that affects change for our customers - and for the community too. We have an African Australian Inclusion Program, a range of Grad, Traineeship and Internship Programs, we are proud to have dedicated $55 billion to help address climate change, be recognised as a Gold employer of LGBTI Inclusion by AWEI, and be an endorsed employer for Women by Work180. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome diversity in the workplace. Benefits
From education and volunteer leave to learning benefits and banking discounts, we offer access to a wide range of employee benefits. For more information please visit here.
If you think this role is the right fit for you, we invite you to apply. Let's have a serious but informal chat about who you are and what drives you. We'd love to share our vision for the future of banking.
To be eligible to apply, you must have Australian or New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency status.
Please note candidate screening and interviews may be conducted prior to the closing date of the job advert.
*Please note unsolicited CVs from agencies will not be accepted. Advertised:
17 Nov 2019 12:00 AM AUS Eastern Daylight Time