Senior Finance Analyst
- Build your career at NAB
- Showcase your financial analysis and reporting experience
- Pathway for career progression
For more than 150 years, we've been helping our customers with their money. Today, we have more than 33,000 people serving 10 million customers at more than 800 locations in Australia, New Zealand and around the world. We have built our business on understanding our customers and supporting them. We aim to take the hard work out of banking.
As Australia's largest business bank, we work with small, medium and large businesses to help them start, run and grow. We fund some of the most important infrastructure in our communities - including schools, hospitals and roads. And we do it in a way that's responsible, inclusive and innovative. More than money
We know that to be Australia and New Zealand's most respected bank, we need to be good with money. And we need to be just as good with people, too. About the role
The position of Senior Associate will be to provide financial analysis, insight and recommendations to enable finance to drive business performance; this can include performance & planning, financial reporting and control and finance business partnering depending on business requirements. This role will specifically provide support to the Finance Partner Growth Fund in the Technology and Operations CFO Finance function. Accountabilities
In this pivotal and exciting role, your key responsibilities will include:
Skills and experience
- Provide detailed financial analysis to enable Finance Partners to provide commercial, financial advice, on both strategic and operational initiatives;
- Contribute to strategy and planning activities through the production of financial information for particular functional areas of responsibility in support of the strategic and operational planning processes;
- Analyse data to ensure overall integrity and compliance with strategic and operational directions;
- Assist in the production of financial and non-financial results, performance drivers, scenarios and recommended action plans in order to improve performance and support decision making;
- Provide insight and analysis on the change initiatives, financial implications, resourcing commitment and delivery dates to enable finance to maximise change agenda benefits / value to the organisation.
To be considered for this role, you must have demonstrated experience in a similar role coupled with strong self-starting ability, analytical thinking and logic; combined with strong stakeholder management capabilities and excellent presentation and communication skills.
In addition, to succeed in this role, you must have the following:
- Demonstrated expertise in financial and management analysis and reporting
- Proven financial and management accounting experience.
- In-depth knowledge of accounting systems & analyses of business areas to identify improvements to processes systems & procedures.
- Demonstrated industry knowledge and experience within Financial Services
- Ability to drive continuous improvement initiatives to uplift business performance and support decision making
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in a Business, Commerce or Accounting discipline and a professional qualification such as CA, CPA or equivalent would be essential.
We believe in people with ideas and dreams, and we want you to achieve your aspirations. At NAB we work together to deliver exceptional outcomes that push the limits of expectations. Our passion about creating value and exceeding our customers' expectations means we're constantly striving to redefine our standards of excellence. Benefits
At NAB, we provide access to a large number of exclusive employee benefits that will support you both personally and professionally. These include volunteer leave, education and learning benefits and banking & financial services discounts for example. Visit our benefits page for more information http://www.nab.com.au/about-us/careers/working-at-nab/benefits How to apply
If you are ready to take the next step in your career, we are keen to hear from you!
Please note, candidate screening and interviews may take place prior to the advertised close date.
To be eligible to apply, you must have Australian or New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency status. Please apply via the link.
We embrace diversity of thought, style and working arrangements to ensure our workforce is representative of the community that we serve. Advertised:
01 Nov 2019 12:00 AM AUS Eastern Daylight Time