Senior DevOps Engineer
Due to continuous growth in our Digital Engineering Practice, we are actively recruiting for DevOps Talent.
We are looking for Senior DevOps Engineers with a strong background in development / programming (as opposed to infrastructure). Appreciation for development practices and principles is going to be pivotal to be successful in the role. You will have the opportunity to work with a wide-ranging, high profile customer base across a number of exciting and challenging projects in the energy, insurance and banking and finance domains.
To be considered, you must have a strong understanding of cloud native design patterns, processes and best practice. Hands-on experience in DevOps architecture, CI/CD solutions & Platform Automation, is also essential. Key Responsibilities
Key experience required:
- Understand customer's core objectives and design end-to-end solutions
- Develop solutions across build engineering, cloud migrations, containerisation and configuration management practices
- Design innovative solutions and processes that leverage automation and improve process efficiencies
- Ensure all components are built to provide quality, security, scalability, stability, efficiency and reliability
- Recommend and implement DevOps practices which are sustainable and considered the best fit for the client's need
- Responsible for Continuous integration (CI) and continuous delivery (CD) process implementation
- Perform branching, tagging, release activities on version control tools
- Perform and deploy builds for various environments like QA, Integration, UAT and production environments
- Work with containerisation tooling and orchestration across different environments
- Participate in agile ceremonies and agile practices
- Scripting language preferably Powershell, Go, Bash or Python
- Strong programming / developer background
- In depth knowledge and experience with containerisation and associated tooling such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Consulting experience is preferred but not mandatory
- Implementation of DevOps practices/tools in areas such as continuous integration, environment automation, release automation, virtualisation, infra as a code, metrics tracking
- Configuration management technologies such as Puppet, Ansible, Chef or Saltstack
- Build and deploy experience on platforms such as Buildkite, Jenkins, Travis CI, Bamboo, GitLab, TeamCity, Artifactory, Nexus etc.
- Working with or implementing of monitoring and logging solutions like ELK, Prometheus, Splunk, AppDynamics, Sumo Logic, New Relic etc
- Previous experience working with a cloud environment (AWS, GCP or Azure)
Please click on the APPLY button now. Thank you for taking interest in this opportunity with us! For a complete list of opportunities with Cognizant visit http://www.cognizant.com/careers
Cognizant is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities. Successful candidate will be required to undergo a background check.