Senior Data Scientist
- Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
- Permanent, Full time
- 20 May 19
Senior Data Scientist
The Customer Service Operations Automation and Analytics team develop automation solutions and advanced analytics to support our Australian Customer Service teams. Our purpose is to create the right interactions for our customers. This can range from providing real time insights to Customer Service staff through to developing a straight through processing application and beyond.
We have a reputation for building highly valuable improvements derived from practical analytics focused on deliverable solutions to customer problems. As part of the Customer Service business, we use our expertise to lead and influence outcomes based on data. There are opportunities to explore and utilise analytical models within our workflows to create amazing experiences in our interactions with customers.
We are establishing a Data Science capability within our Melbourne team and are looking for two strong all-rounders to help connect our assets and grow a function that delivers actionable insights, challenges our understanding of customers and their needs, and creates a culture of experimentation.
Senior Data Scientist / Data Scientist
We will look to you to uncover deep insights and develop and test hypotheses to understand and solve specific business problems or opportunities, enhance customer interactions and improve customer experience.
You will work collaboratively with our analysts, developers and product owners to understand their challenges, share your findings, and find innovative ways to integrate your solutions into our existing customer journeys.
You will also work on improving our ability to leverage the information we capture and implement analytic, ML and AI outputs – such as integrating data assets and working with our developers to create pipelines on our platforms, so that our speed to insight and implementation improves.
Who are you?
- An all-rounder and strong communicator
- A great coach and mentor able to share learning and experience with colleagues to grow the success of the team
- Quick to grasp new concepts and technologies
- Commercially-savvy and focussed on actionable insight
- Passionate and curious about people, their needs and wants, putting them at the centre of everything you do
- Focussed on continuous improvement
- Able to explore customer needs in a data-driven way, develop and implement innovative solutions, test the outcomes, and iterate
- Someone who asks for and gives feedback regularly
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in a relevant field, such as applied mathematics, statistics, computer science
- 3 years data engineering experience working with both Batch and Real-Time Interfaces / APIs
- 3 years experience in advanced analytics, model building and optimisation, familiar with traditional, modern and emerging tools and techniques
- Good experience with programming languages such as Python, R, C#, JS
- Good experience with creating and implementing analytic pipelines
- Strong experience working with relational databases and unstructured data
- Strong presentation and data visualisation skills
- A process automation and sustainable development mindset
- Deep analytical thinking, continuously looking for the ‘why’
- Ability to effectively communicate with all stakeholders regardless of their technical or analytical knowledge
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including the ability to inspire, mentor, coach and develop others, and the ability to effectively communicate with all stakeholders regardless of their technical or analytical knowledge
- A track record of implementing advanced analytics and optimisation projects end to end and realising business value
At ANZ we aim to create an inclusive environment where employee differences such as gender, age, culture, disability, sexual orientation, family and caring responsibilities and religion are valued. We work flexibly at ANZ. Talk to us and let us know how this role can be flexible for you.