Senior Data Privacy and Protection Officer
You and your new role:
As a Senior Data Privacy and Protection Officer you will support the Head of Privacy to provide centralised expertise and leadership of Privacy at NAB.
You will be expected to provide SME advice for a variety of diverse tasks or problems based on the application of judgment in their area of expertise/responsibility; develop and execute a strategic approach for privacy specific training to support the implementation and ongoing compliance to NABs privacy standards and obligations as well as oversee all ad-hoc and specialised privacy training to ensure NAB has a culture of seeing Data Privacy and Ethics as an enabler of NAB's strategy.
Day to day, you will be responsible for:
Your skills and experience:
- Developing and executing ongoing compliance awareness and communication activities
- Coordinate the quality and consistency of privacy activities that uplift NAB's culture of Data Privacy and Ethics
- Providing guidance on localised privacy activities for specific regional branches, brands and potentially the NAB consumer community
- Drive the development of tools and technology to support the business
- Identify efficiencies to improve decision making frameworks to enable innovation of data usage and provide clear data ownership rights
- Contribute to executive and board level reporting
You will be a natural relationship builder and confident negotiator, leveraging your privacy and data protection knowledge and experience in an operational and strategic Data Privacy and Protection role, ideally within Banking and Financial services.
To be successful you will need to be able to demonstrate the following skills:
Your new team
- Ability to lead explorations of business risk and consequences of various breaches of confidentiality
- Experience in the preparation of policies procedure, reports and strategy related documents
- Experience in the development and execution of Data Privacy and protection training including facilitation for varying levels including frontline staff and executives
- The ability to assesses and validate decision options and points and predict their potential impact
- Proven consulting and influencing skills to a range of diverse and senior stakeholders
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
We know that life's about more than money. That's why we're so driven to do great things in the tech and digital space. We are rapidly building top-notch data and analytics platforms in the cloud, with a new culture and ways of working; adopting FinTech start-up mentality and financial innovation. We are working more agile than ever, so that we can deliver a great banking experience to our customers. We're NAB
We are proud to have dedicated $55 billion to help address climate change, be recognised as a Gold employer of LGBTI Inclusion by AWEI, endorsed as an employer for Women by Work180, have an African Australian Inclusion Program, Grad Programs, and Traineeship and Internship Programs. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome diversity in the workplace. The benefits
From education and volunteer leave to learning benefits and banking discounts, we offer access to a wide range of employee benefits.
If you think this role is the right fit for you, we invite you to apply. Let's have a serious but informal chat about who you are and what drives you. We'd love to share our vision for the future of banking.
To be eligible to apply, you must have Australian or New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency status. Please note candidate screening and interviews may be conducted prior to the closing date of the job advert. Advertised:
28 Oct 2019 12:00 AM AUS Eastern Daylight Time