Senior Consultant, Data Designer - Remote
Please note that this role is temporarily listed as "remote" due to the current requirements for all Australians to practise social distancing amid the COVID-19 pandemic. We will discuss with you your ongoing requirements throughout the recruitment process.
Your new role awaits
- Lead, inspire and make a difference
- Collaborative & challenging fast paced culture
- We embrace diversity & inclusion at our core
Within this role you will be leading and driving the creation of design standards and patterns for tools and technologies, in alignment with the strategic direction, to ensure solution simplicity, scalability, and compliance to internal & external data management policies, to minimise risk, be fit for business purpose and provide value for money. Day to day you will:
Your skills & experience
- Liaises with stakeholder to understand requirements and design an e2e solution (that is documented)
- Design content solution (exclusive of platform), estimate work effort and quote;
- Design data models
- Meets regularly with the Design Lead cohort to ensure solutions align across each vertical
- Guides Developers to build solutions; up-skilling Developers in design practices
- Coach and mentor Developers, uplift business knowledge
- Proactive review checkpoints along the development cycle
- Governance across the publishing of reports outside of Enterprise Data (PBI and Thoughtspot search experience)
You will be an experienced Data Designer with a proven history working in Business Intelligence/Data Modelling roles. Your solution focused mindset, along with a proactive and positive attitude with allow you to engage with the business effectively and drive solutions and outcomes.
Technically, you will bring:
- Expert level knowledge of industry leading tool sets and technical best-practice & processes to shape the environment and design standards and patterns. This role will be working with a range of new and legacy tool sets, including but not limited to: AWS, PowerBI, Tableau, Oracle, Business Objects, Informatica Powercentre.
- Proven experience in Design, Development & Implementation of Business Intelligence, MI & Analytics solutions for industries, predominantly: Financial Services, Customer Relationship Management.
- Strong Data Modelling experience and experience with Tools such as ERWIN and Visio.
- Strong ETL design and development experience with tools such as Informatica / MS SSIS. ETL orchestration with Control M/Airflow an added advantage.
- Strong Experience in SQL/PLSQL with Oracle and/or Microsoft and/or PostgreSQL and exposure to cubes, etc.
- UNIX/ Shell and Batch scripting. Experience with Python is also desirable.
- Knowledge of cloud technologies including AWS and Azure.
- Experience with Terraform/Ansible.
We believe success comes from our people. We're committed to supporting your talent and skills through your career, as you help us build a culture that affects change for our customers - and for the community too.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome diversity in the workplace. The benefits
From education and volunteer leave to learning benefits and banking discounts, we offer access to a wide range of employee benefits. For more information please visit here.
If you think this role is the right fit for you, we invite you to apply. Let's have a serious but informal chat about who you are and what drives you. We'd love to share our vision for the future of banking.
To be eligible to apply, you must have Australian or New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency status. Please note candidate screening and interviews may be conducted prior to the closing date of the job advert.
*Please note unsolicited CVs from agencies will not be accepted. Advertised:
24 Jun 2020 12:00 AM AUS Eastern Standard Time