Senior Consultant - Internal Audit
- Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
- Permanent, Full time
- KPMG Australia
- 24 Nov 17
See job description for details
- Are you a talented and enthusiastic professional looking to join a leading professional services firm?
- Do you have a passion for Superannuation?
- Want to make a real difference to our communities while working within a strong team culture?
KPMG's Superannuation practice offers a range of services to industry superannuation funds, employers and fund trustees. Due to growth within our existing client base, we currently have an exciting and career building opportunity for a Senior Consultant to join KPMG's Superannuation team in Melbourne.
Your new role
As an Senior Consultant at KPMG, you will be responsible for undertaking a wide range of assurance and advisory work within the Superannuation Industry. You will develop professional relationships with clients, and seek out opportunities to enhance your skills.
Your duties and responsibilities as a Senior Consultant will include but not be limited to:
- Assisting superannuation clients in the design and development of processes and internal controls to comply with Superannuation legislative and regulatory requirements
- Assisting with assurance and regulatory compliance audits/reviews for compliance with requisite superannuation legislation
- Assisting with the implementation of risk management and compliance improvement opportunities for superannuation entities.
- Advising superannuation clients on legislative, regulatory and prudential reform
- Assisting internal staff with the interpretation of superannuation legislation
- Proactively seeking out value-add opportunities for our clients
- Undertake various advisory engagements (risk, internal audit, business improvement, legislative compliance)
- Working within a high performing team environment
- Liaising with clients in a professional and effective manner
KPMG are seeking an experienced individual to join our team with the following skills, qualifications and experience:
- A minimum couple of years of business experience preferably within a professional services firm with a financial services/superannuation background
- Tertiary qualification in Accounting / Commerce / Finance / Legal
- Strong analytical, problem solving and report writing skills
- Experience in dealing with compliance and or risk management frameworks
- The ability to identify queries, communicate and resolve issues with senior staff
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and clear ability to articulate with confidence.
We offer rewarding careers for outstanding professionals, ongoing learning and development opportunities, a collaborative and inclusive culture, and flexible and agile work practices that focus on our people's wellbeing to drive innovation and entrepreneurship. We also believe that our business plays a distinct and vital role in helping solve important social and environmental issues; and use our unique skills and expertise to help create positive and lasting impacts for our communities.
We believe diversity of thought, background and experience strengthens relationships and delivers meaningful benefits to our people, our clients and communities. We are consistently recognised as an employer of choice for women, and our inclusive culture promotes the development of our people irrespective of gender, ethnicity, generation, flexible work status, family circumstances, sexual orientation or disability.
This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of KPMG and its ongoing success. So if you want a career where you can use your deep expertise to deliver real results, talk to us first.
Advertised: 14 Nov 2017 AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 14 Dec 2017 AUS Eastern Daylight Time