Senior Cloud Architect
Would you like a career that gives you opportunities to help customers and partners use cloud computing web services to do big new things faster, at lower cost? Do you like to work on-site in a variety of business environments, leading teams through high impact projects using the newest technology? Would you like to gain the deepest customer and partner insights on maximizing the value of cloud computing technologies?
At AWS, we're hiring highly technical Senior Cloud Architect to help our partners and customers develop technical expertise and capacity. Our consultants will deliver proof-of-concept projects, technical workshops, and lead implementation projects. These professional services engagements will focus on customer solutions such as, web applications, enterprise applications, HPC, batch processing and big data, archiving and disaster recovery, education and government.
• Deliver technical solutions that solve for new levels of complexity, scale and performance, enabling breakthrough innovations for customers
• Shape and deliver on a strategy to build mind share and broad use of AWS services
• Apply and create best practices in multiple technical domains using AWS and third-party technology products
• Guide customers appropriately following our AWS Well-Architected Framework
• Drive deep architectural discussions to ensure solutions are successfully deployed in the cloud
• Manage migrations of existing applications and development of new applications using AWS cloud services
• Work with AWS field business development, marketing, training and support teams to help partners and customers learn and use AWS services such as Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2), Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3), Amazon Simple DB/RDS databases, AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM), etc.
• Work closely with AWS engineering and support teams to convey partner and customer needs and feedback as input to technology roadmaps
• Gather real world implementation challenges and recommend new capabilities that would simplify adoption and drive greater value from use of AWS cloud services BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Extensive experience in IT implementation including scalable cloud-based solutions and microservices architectures
• Customer facing skills, ideally gained in presales or consultancy roles
• Experienced in design, development and deployment of business software at scale
• Experienced with software development life cycle (SDLC) and agile/iterative methodologies
• Travel to client locations as needed PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• AWS Certifications, associate or professional level
• Strong track record of hands-on, production AWS experience
CULTURE AND COMMITMENT TO INCLUSION, DIVERSITY & EQUITY
At AWS, we don't mind being called "peculiar." We see beauty in simplifying the complex, and we're comfortable being misunderstood. That might sound unorthodox. We believe in removing obstacles so builders can build which is why our people enjoy working in AWS.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
We're passionate about supporting the needs of our people and their family. This may include:
• Comprehensive Private Health Insurance
• Paid Maternity and Parental Leave
• Flexible workplace: flexible daily working hours, we value work-life-harmony
• Amazon Employee Discount on product and services
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)