Senior Business Analyst
- Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
- Permanent, Full time
- 21 May 19
Senior Business Analyst
Senior Business Analyst - 12 month Fix term
First, a bit about ANZ.
At ANZ, everything we do boils down to ‘why’ – our purpose – to shape a world where people and communities thrive. We're just as focused on seeing our people thrive as well as our customers.
We are responding faster to changing customer requirements, focusing on the things that matter the most, energising our people, eliminating waste and reducing bureaucracy.
Purpose of role
This role will transform how data is organised, managed and leveraged within the Risk function to meet current and future data governance requirements at ANZ. You will support the Data Governance Lead with the delivery of a plan that will embed the Enterprise Data Governance Framework with a focus on adding value to the customer and business.
You will lead a team of analysts in the delivery of a portfolio of initiatives and work collaboratively with stakeholders to elicit requirements while establishing a clear understanding of the program’s objectives and benefits.
We are looking for your drive, enthusiasm and smarts to help us to improve that quality of data that risk consumes and produces. Your knowledge of business analysis techniques and translating them into commercial solutions, as well as your ability to manage stakeholders and deliver initiatives in an efficient and timely manner.
- Lead the Data Governance initiatives for Risk in adherence to ANZ Enterprise Data Governance Framework
- Provide innovative thought leadership into the plan for managing risk data, introducing modern data concepts and challenging the status quo whilst understanding the regulatory requirements of the bank
- Participate in appropriate forums within the ANZ Data Governance model, and establish data governance capabilities within Risk
- Have responsibility for managing initiatives and issues and drive remediation strategies and execution
- Liaise with Enterprise Data Governance to leverage services and artefacts available through the Data Governance Framework to improve risk data assets and planned benefits
- Provide executive updates to Risk and Data on maturity against the EDG framework and plan
- Have an open and adaptive mindset and adopt ANZ NWOW agile project practices
Is this role for you?
- Do you have experience in leading and executing upon a data plan in a large organisation?
- Do you have experience identifying and resolving data or project issues?
- Do you have experience in leading frameworks for data management?
- Do you understand business glossary, metadata and data lineage?
- Do you have experience in designing for data simplification?
- Do you have an understanding of the data lifecycle?
- Do you have the ability to interpret and analyse data through various techniques?
- Do you have experience in process automation or operational excellence?
If you answered yes to all or most of these questions, you could be a great candidate for joining the Group Data team!
“At ANZ we aim to create an inclusive environment where employee differences such as gender, age, culture, disability, sexual orientation, family and caring responsibilities and religion are valued.
We work flexibly at ANZ. Talk to us and let us know how this role can be flexible for you.”