Senior Associate Commercial Insights
About the role
- Opportunity for Senior Associate, Commercial Insights
- Progressive and agile culture
- Build your career at NAB
The role of Senior Associate, Commercial Insights will be to assist with delivery of core Finance Partnering services to a key Business Unit as well as coordinating and preparing analysis of Australian Banking expenses in support of external reporting obligations. Responsibilities
This role is specifically accountable for the following:
Skills & experience
- Assisting with preparing analysis of Australian Banking expenses in support of external reporting obligations;
- Assisting with the annual target setting, forecasting, reporting and analysis processes for the BU;
- Provide detailed financial analysis to enable Finance Partners to provide commercial, financial advice, on both strategic & operational initiatives, to the Business and drive performance;
- Assist in the production of financial and non-financial results, performance drivers, scenarios and recommended action plans in order improve Business performance/assist in Business decision making;
- Provide input into the Strategic and Operation Plan to ensure Business commitments and objectives are met through an understanding of Business conditions and Group requirements;
- Assess, analyse, and investigate aspects of financial results, including understanding of variances to Business plan/expectation in order to ensure accurate reporting and produce business financial insight for potential drivers of variances when required.
With experience in the finance & accounting domain, your application should address the following key selection criteria:
- Demonstrated experience in financial planning, reporting and analysis including financial planning, forecasting, budgeting reporting and commercial analysis;
- Knowledge of accounting practices, standards, and methodologies;
- Proven expertise in sophisticated arithmetic processes for numeric analysis and evaluating outcomes & rapidly identifying key issues, trends and themes from large volumes of complex information;
- Ability to synthesize information from a variety of sources and extracting relevant concepts/themes and presenting them to ensure business relevance and organisational impact;
- Demonstrated experience in data manipulation and advanced Excel skills;
- Ability to drive change through engagement and influence across multiple stakeholder groups whilst dealing with complexity and ambiguity;
- Self-starting mindset, able to self-manage according to timelines, priorities and outcomes;
- Finance/Business discipline tertiary qualification essential; and professional accounting qualification (CA/CPA) and / or post graduate qualifications preferred.
We believe success comes from our people. We're committed to supporting your talent and skills through your career, as you help us build a culture that affects change for our customers - and for the community too. We have an African Australian Inclusion Program, a range of Grad, Traineeship and Internship Programs, we are proud to have dedicated $55 billion to help address climate change, be recognised as a Gold employer of LGBTI Inclusion by AWEI, and be an endorsed employer for Women by Work180. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome diversity in the workplace. Benefits
From education and volunteer leave to learning benefits and banking discounts, we offer access to a wide range of employee benefits. For more information please visit here.
If you think this role is the right fit for you, we invite you to apply. Let's have a serious but informal chat about who you are and what drives you. We'd love to share our vision for the future of banking.
To be eligible to apply, you must have Australian or New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency status.
Please note candidate screening and interviews may be conducted prior to the closing date of the job advert.
*Please note unsolicited CVs from agencies will not be accepted. Advertised:
08 Nov 2019 12:00 AM AUS Eastern Daylight Time