Senior Analyst Engineer
You & your new role.
Our Microservices team is seeking a passionate, results focused individual to take accountability for the design and delivery of Microservices that will be used by banking front end applications.
The successful applicant will be part of our delivery team and will be responsible for providing technical leadership throughout all phases of the software delivery life cycle as we initiate a transformation of NAB technology.
As one of our senior analyst engineers you will be providing technical leadership and coaching to colleagues whilst taking accountability for the overall output from the team. Responsibilities:
What you will bring:
- Working with the following individuals/teams to achieve the following outcomes:
- Build Team -performing code reviews and estimates for new functionality as well as driving improvements in team development practices whilst also delivering functionality using market leading patterns
- Solution Design Team - performing design documentation review, and working to drive scalable, high performance solutions
- Build Manager - Assist with technical interviews, identify appropriate mix of resources and skillsets required to achieve team outcomes
- Build Engineering Team -Assist with the technical leadership around all aspects of the software delivery life cycle. Identify potential performance bottlenecks and or hotspots requiring detailed performance testing
- Product & Project Managers - Frequent communication around simple implementable technical solutions during inception, and leading the team to deliver
- Product Engineering and Business Analysts - Providing support to ensure BAs, solution architects and solution designers have all the resources available and roadblocks removed to create well quantified and researched stories
Your new team
- Design and Development of Java based microservices and secure coding practices
- Design and Development of solutions using AWS native services
- Experience with REST APIs, Spring/Spring Boot frameworks, Docker
- Understanding of the Circuit Breaker pattern
- Database knowledge and ORM frameworks
- Experience with Automated Testing
- Continuous Integration/Deployment Practices - Jenkins/Ansible
- Good understanding of caching concepts - Hazelcast and TDD/BDD is a plus
- Working/Coaching with Agile software development team
We know that life's about more than money. That's why we're so driven to do great things in the tech and digital space. We are rapidly building top-notch data and analytics platforms in the cloud, with a new culture and ways of working; adopting FinTech start-up mentality and financial innovation. We are working more agile than ever, so that we can deliver a great banking experience to our customers. We're NAB
We believe success comes from our people. We're committed to supporting your talent and skills through your career, as you help us build a culture that affects change for our customers - and for the community too. We are proud to have dedicated $55 billion to help address climate change, be recognised as a Gold employer of LGBTI Inclusion by AWEI, endorsed as an employer for Women by Work180, have an African Australian Inclusion Program, Grad Programs, and Traineeship and Internship Programs. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome diversity in the workplace. The benefits
From education and volunteer leave to learning benefits and banking discounts, we offer access to a wide range of employee benefits.
If you think this role is the right fit for you, we invite you to apply. Let's have a serious but informal chat about who you are and what drives you. We'd love to share our vision for the future of banking.
To be eligible to apply, you must have Australian or New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency status. Please note candidate screening and interviews may be conducted prior to the closing date of the job advert. Advertised:
02 Dec 2019 12:00 AM AUS Eastern Daylight Time