Senior Analyst - Data Analytics
KPMG is one of the most trusted and respected global professional services firms. Through depth of expertise, clarity of insight and strength of purpose we help our clients solve complex challenges, steer change, strengthen, transition and grow. We are looking for talented people who share our purpose of inspiring confidence and empowering change for our clients, our people and our communities.
KPMG is going through some significant transformations in technology and are looking for a hands on Power BI, MS SQL, SSIS and preferably SSAS & exposure to Azure Cloud. Your new role
As a Senior Analyst - Data & Analytics, D&A solutions deliver reliable, feature rich, and cost-effective services within agreed service levels to support the business strategy.
Effectively and efficiently lead the adoption of the solutions that relate to the provision of KPMG AU and Global ITS D&A services such as Power BI, MS SQL Server (PAAS & IAAS), SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, Tableau, Altryx, Hadoop, IOT, Machine Learning (ML), ML Studio, HD-Insight, Python, R Studio, SAS Server, code pipeline, VSTS or custom built services within Azure, AWS and KPMG Cloud Central services within the Firm.
Work with both ITS and business internal teams and external services providers to ensure all D&A solutions are supported in line with set SLA and provided required enhancements to the solutions. Also, be part of D&A capability projects to make sure they are designed and implemented to a consistent set of standards and guidelines. Work with Project to ensure adequate handover from project implementation to the steady state support teams (internal or 3rd party vendors and suppliers). Your opportunity:
How are you Extraordinary?
- Extensive & Focused technical experience with Power BI for dashboarding out of MS SQL Database and potentially SSAS Data models
- Work on SSIS ETL Jobs Monitoring, troubleshooting and fixing issues.
- Address the Database management requests of MS-SQL (e.g. database creation, schema creation, performance tuning);
- Desirable to have knowledge of statistical techniques and analysis (such as regression, clustering, sampling, social network analysis) using Python or R.
- You'll exposed to grow in PAAS/SAAS analytics services, infra as code, data bricks, Azure ML Studio, and other D&A services over Azure cloud.
- Working towards ensuring KPMG Data and IT services are protected from Data loss through review of the design and implementation phase of new service delivery data backup and recovery services are implemented according to data Classification and business requirements for RTO/RPO.
- Ensuring all Infrastructure services are maintained within agreed SLA's (efforts & NPS) which will be measured and reported on monthly and annually.
- Handling the Escalation and liaison with suppliers and service providers to resolve critical outages.
- Collaborate with peer Services such as Level 2 (Hosting, Network, Security) and Level 3 (Vendors - Microsoft, Dimension Data, Tableau & Qlik) support groups to analyse and resolve service disruptions
The KPMG Difference
- Tenacious problem-solving attitude, particularly when helping to try to root cause the backend technical issues.
- The role is hands-on role and requires extensive knowledge of backend processes, systems and tools and across ITIL processes for Level-1 & 2 supports for D&A.
- Coordinate with the infrastructure provider and internal teams for network management, security and identity management to support the Data & Analytics platforms.
- Experienced in providing Business Analysis to assist Demand in conversing with the business directly related to D&A services and business opportunities to work with development team through to delivery and post-production support.
- Ensure relevant documentation is created and published to enable the support and maintenance of all D&A services
- Experienced in proactive and reactive communications with stakeholders about D&S Service requests, projects and system maintenance.
- Establishment of support tools, instructions, supporting documentation to maintain D&A services.
- Work actively with D&A team to establish new operating models, supporting documentation and handover to SMEs to support new services as they are implemented.
- Assist the Leadership team to advertise and communicate a general D&A awareness across the Firm.
Our people are focused on creating a diverse and dynamic environment that embraces and values differences. We value the variety of unique experiences, qualities and characteristics our people possess and we share and learn from each other.
We are proud to be consistently recognized as an employer of choice for women, and for our achievements in LGBT+ workplace inclusion.
Our commitment to 'Flexibility' allows our people to manage the changing demands of work, personal or family life. Explore the links below to hear our people share their experience @ KPMG:
Flexibility empowers wellbeing
Flexibility enables contribution to the community
Flexibility inspires technology & innovation
Flexibility supports family
Make KPMG the clear choice for your career and be Extraordinary!
Apply online! Advertised:
02 Mar 2021 AUS Eastern Daylight Time Applications close:
30 Apr 2021 AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now