Established in Melbourne in 2015, Airwallex is a global payments fintech transforming the way businesses move and manage money domestically and internationally. We have built a global financial infrastructure platform to help businesses transact, collect and pay across 130+ countries and 50+ currencies, without the constraints of the traditional global financial system.
Airwallex is Australia's fastest growing fintech unicorn. We've grown to 13 global locations and have raised over $500 million in funding. Airwallex has been recognised in Forbes' Cloud 100 2020, and placed in the Top 50 of KPMG's Global Fintech100 two years in a row. To support our ambitious growth plans, we're looking for smart, collaborative and passionate people who are looking to make a genuine impact.
The Senior Accountant is responsible for daily finance operation and support for finance reporting activities in the organisation including payment processing, expense claims, bookkeeping, reconciliations & driving process improvement. You will also be exposed to other aspects of life working at unicorn FinTech/startup - building models, processes & management reporting. This role will directly report to the Finance Manager.
- Handle daily finance operations including building reconciliations, process improvements & application of technical accounting standards
- Keep proper accounting records
- Support Finance Manager for monthly financial reports & analysis on timely basis
- Support for tax reporting at assigned jurisdictions
- Be ready for ad-hoc reports to management when necessary
- Engage in new finance initiatives
- Problem solving technique is required to help all staff of accounting department
- Responsible for dealing with external auditors if required
What you bring:
- Holder of bachelor's degree in accounting or related disciplines
- Proficient in MS word and excel, familiarity with Oracle would be an advantage;
- Details oriented, entrepreneurial-mindset and self-motivated
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Craftsmanship to keep driving improvement on operational excellence
- ACCA, or Certified Accountant would be a plus
What you get:
- Ability to make an impact in a rapidly growing, global fintech
- Competitive salary plus valuable stock options within Airwallex
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities
- Collaborative, fast paced environment where you will make a genuine impact
Airwallex is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and anyone seeking employment at Airwallex is considered based on merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We don't regard colour, religion, race, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, citizenship, sex, marital or family status, disability, gender, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.