Security, Risk & Compliance Advisor - Professional Services
DESCRIPTION Are you a Security and Compliance specialist who can address the challenges of migrating systems and workloads to the public cloud? Are you skilled at helping customers and partners to address their information security requirements using cloud computing architectures? Do you want to learn the very latest in cloud web services technologies and apply them to some of the most interesting computing workloads in the world?
At AWS, we're hiring highly technical cloud computing Security Consultants to help our customers and partners develop technical expertise and capacity, and to work with our partners on key customer engagements. Our security and compliance consultants will deliver architecture guidance, lead proof-of-concept projects, and conduct customer workshops. AWS consultants will collaborate with customers to address security and compliance challenges, and implementing and migrating customer solutions and workloads onto AWS.
This role will specialize in all aspects of information security management as well as business and regulatory compliance using cloud web services in large scale computing environments.
• Expertise - Collaborate with AWS field sales, pre-sales, training and support teams to help partners and customers learn and use AWS services such as Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2), Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3), Amazon DynamoDB/RDS databases, AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM), Security, Identity, & Compliance, etc.
• Solutions - Define and deliver on-site technical engagements with partners and customers. This includes participating in pre-sales on-site visits, understanding customer security and compliance requirements, and proposing and delivering packaged offerings, and delivering custom solution engagements.
• Delivery - Engagements include short on-site projects proving the use of AWS services to support new distributed computing solutions that often span private cloud and public cloud services. Engagements will include migration of existing applications and development of new applications using AWS cloud services.
• Insights - Work with AWS engineering, support and business teams to convey partner and customer feedback as input to AWS technology roadmaps.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS • Experience in IT security, compliance and risk management, including privacy, controls, etc.
• Sound knowledge of cloud computing technologies and workload transition challenges
• Notable customer consulting experience and collaboration skills
• Implementation experience with enterprise security solutions such as identity management, federation systems, WAF, IPS, Anti-DDOS, and SIEM
• Experience advising customers on architectures meeting industry standards such as ISO, SOC, PCI, NIST, IRAP, etc.
• Experience implementing security controls in enterprise environments
• Familiarity with archive, backup/recovery and business continuity processes in distributed operations
• Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges
• Strong verbal and written communications skills and ability to lead effectively across organizations
• BA/BS degree or equivalent experience; Computer Science or Math background preferred
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS • Hands-on technical expertise in security architecture, automation, integration, and deployment (DevOps)
• Highly technical and analytical, possessing 7+ years of IT implementation experience
• Experience building enterprise security strategy for cloud adoption or driving the program's evolution to meet new requirements