Research Associate / Senior Associate
- Base + bonus
- Melbourne, Victoria, Australia Melbourne Victoria AU
- Permanent, Full time
- Royal Bank of Canada.
- 16 Apr 18 2018-04-16
As the Research Associate you will be responsible for fundamental analysis of companies in the Resources (mining) sector.
What will you need to do?
- Assist in the development and detailed modeling of company specific financial models
- Coordinate, generate and maintain research reports, presentations and databases
- Provide research support to analyst as required
- Incumbent is in the process of developing core Research Associate skills
- Develop an expertise in the mining sector
- Support and answer client queries as they relate to the sector
- Proactively identify operational risks/ control deficiencies in the business
- Review and comply with Firm Policies applicable to your business activities
- Escalate operational risk loss events, control deficiencies and risks that you identify to your line manager and the relevant risk and control functions promptly
What you need to succeed?
- Undergraduate degree or similar qualification with a focus on Business, Mathematics or other quantitative fields
- Previous exposure to capital markets or 1-2 years of experience within the mining sector a definite asset but not specifically necessary
- Excellent writing and communications skills
- Strong PC skills specifically in Microsoft Office applications and sourcing data from the internet and various technology publications
- Superior customer service focus and attitude for internal and external clients
- Commitment to task and an attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize work and multi-task responsibilities
Nice to have:
- Excellent interpersonal skills and networking abilities with business leaders
- Able to work independently and under pressure, with a high degree of flexibility and willingness to take on new challenges
- Flexibility to travel