- Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
- Permanent, Full time
- 19 Mar 19
Release Lead - Data Centre Management
The Data Centre Management Tribe mission is to deliver safe, reliable, scalable and efficient Data Centre environments for IT hosting infrastructure.
As a Release Lead, you will co-ordinate backlog engagement of the AU Data Centre service squad while with working with our Engineering & Structured Cabling squads for tribe inter-dependencies. You will work closely with the Product Owners and Trine Performance Lead to priorities the backlog.
You will be accountable for planning of the spatial, logical and physical requirements of IT infrastructure and allocating capacity within the Computer Halls accordingly.
For more information about what a day in the life of a Release Lead looks like, watch this animation !
Who are you?
- Known for Getting Stuff Done – I effectively synthesise multiple sources of information and leverage a broad network of connections to relentlessly prioritise and execute
- An Aligner - I understand that my area operates as part of a complex system and work closely with my colleagues to ensure alignment
- A collaboration champion – I champion collaboration and build the expertise, capabilities and engagement of team members that are embedded across multiple squads
- The customer’s greatest fan –I demonstrate a thirst for better understanding the customer, define the problem and develop solutions through their eyes
- Commercially savvy – I synthesise multiple sources of information and leverage strong relationships to make sound domain decisions that enable the needs of both the bank and the customer
- Have a good ol’ dose of professional humility – I actively and visibly ask for feedback and role model discussing failures and weaknesses in the interest of learning
- A problem solver – I am energised by tackling complex problems. I use my critical thinking, network, skills, knowledge, and available data to drive better outcomes for our customers and the bank
- Risk savvy – I build sustainable solutions that protect stakeholders and customers and proactively address risks by role-modelling improvements in the bank’s overall risk and control environment
What you bring to the Release Lead role
- Joint design of release plan with Tribe Performance Lead and Tech Area Architect to ensure alignment of priority and timeframe between business portfolios and technology Domains
- You will be flexible enough to work across tribes however accountability is within a specific tribe
- Embed release engineering practices to influence the optimisation and flow of value through the releases
- Continuous aggregation and communication of backlog and feature progress, dependency progress and major impediments effecting the release
- Track and resolve impediments for the release
- Translation of business initiatives into cross-platform or cross-Tribe releases
- Fit-gap analysis and feasibility assessment across the platforms/Tribes within the domain against the scope/timeframe/value of release
- Provide input into value assessments and do-ability
- Lead the coordination and execution
Things that I am (or strive to be!)
- Dedicated to my role and ensuring I am able to juggle multiple priorities
- Confident in my ability to work through ambiguity
- Able to navigate a large organization and understand the importance of informal channels and builds relationships to get things done.
- Strong, relevant Agile experience
Further general information on our opportunities please visit our careers page .
At ANZ we aim to create an inclusive environment where employee differences such as gender, age, culture, disability, sexual orientation, family and caring responsibilities and religion are valued.
We work flexibly at ANZ. Talk to us and let us know how this role can be flexible for you.