Relationship Manager, Institutional Trust
Who we are
For more than a century, Northern Trust has worked hard building our legacy of outstanding service, expertise, and integrity. From a Chicago-based bank founded in 1889, we now have more than 20 international locations and 16,500 employees globally. We serve the world's most-sophisticated clients - from sovereign wealth funds and the wealthiest individuals and families to the most-successful hedge funds and corporate brands.
Northern Trust's international business has grown dramatically over the last decade. Some of our largest clients are located in Asia and Australia, which represents a rapidly growing client base for the company. Since 1986, we have been serving clients in Asia-Pacific (APAC), including corporate pension funds, investment managers, insurance companies, government agencies, family offices and corporations. Our intricate understanding of the region allows us to provide unique insights and strategic perspectives to our clients. Currently, we have client offices in Beijing, Hong Kong, Melbourne, Singapore, Seoul, Tokyo and Kuala Lumpur. What we do
We burnished our reputation as a global leader delivering innovative investment management, asset and fund administration, fiduciary and banking solutions enabled by sophisticated, leading technology. And through it all, we continually laid a solid, forward-looking foundation on which future generations can continue growing and achieving greater. What you will do
You will be responsible for managing client relationships for institutional trust and custody clients. You will utilise knowledge of master custody services to exceed client expectations and to add value to the relationship. This will involve being a passionate client advocate with the ability to navigate the global Northern business effectively and efficiently service the client.
- Manages client relationships for institutional trust and custody clients.
- Ensures overall client satisfaction by facilitating efforts of service team, coordinating resources to ensure timely delivery and issue-resolution, and effectively communicating client concerns/needs to partners.
- Develops complete understanding of client's business, objectives, goals and market challenges.
- Cultivates strong working relationships with client contacts. Demonstrates ability to add value by anticipating possible solutions and partnering with client to implement.
- Educates client on emerging issues, products and services, regulatory/tax changes, and the general institutional trust environment, advising the client of the impact on the client's business and on our own services.
- Cross-sells products/services and participates in development of solutions to client needs, coordinates presentations, brings in experts when appropriate, closes the sale, ensures smooth delivery of new services, and communicates emerging needs.
- Manages client profitability, understands competitive environment, develops pricing strategies, and works with team to enhance profitability.
As of March 31, 2019, Northern Trust Corporation had:
- Knowledge of asset servicing acquired through related experience is needed to support client relationships.
- Strong awareness of risk to both the client and Northern Trust.
- Analytical, problem solving, and organizational skills required to identify and resolve client issues.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well with clients & internal partners
- Strong communication both written and verbal.
- 5 years' experience in financial servicing, with a client servicing background
- $10.9 trillion in assets under custody/administration
- $8.2 trillion in assets under custody
- $1.2 trillion in assets under management
- $122 billion in banking assets
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world's most admired and ethical companies. Build your career with us and apply today!
- Want to learn more about our company? Visit northerntrust.com
- We are a leading global financial institution- Click here to check out our company accolades!
For a private discussion please contact Gez Williams on +61 3 9935 8204.