Relationship Executive (International Subsidiaries Banking)
Some careers have more impact than others.
We're looking for progressive minds who are driven, perceptive and forward-thinking, who are open to different ideas and cultures, who can connect with our customers and who will work with courageous integrity every day.
As an HSBC employee in Australia, you will have access to tailored professional development opportunities and a competitive pay and benefits package. This includes market leading subsidised private health cover, enhanced parental pay/benefits and support when you return to work, wellness days and wellbeing programs as well as a highly flexible workplace culture.
HSBC Commercial Banking provides universal financial services support to large corporate and institutional clients around the world. Leveraging the strength, scope and expertise of our global banking network, Commercial Banking is positioned as an essential partner to large enterprises seeking to maximise their potential and offers streamlined business access to HSBC's broad range of market leading banking products and services.
We are currently seeking an ambitious individual to join the Melbourne team in the role of Relationship Executive. Reporting to a Senior Corporate Banking Manager, you will be responsible for preparing credit submissions and working with the ISB Relationship Managers to support the management of client accounts. Your main responsibilities will include
Qualifications To be successful in this role, you will bring
- Writing complex and specialised corporate credit papers, with a strong focus on credit quality and analysis. This includes, but not restricted to, debt financing, acquisition financing, working capital financing, syndicated financing
- Financial analysis: Competent analysis and interpretation of financial statements, including a degree of financial modelling and sensitivity analysis
- Ensuring portfolio and customer compliance at all times, including, but not restricted to, KYC, AML, Anti-bribery and corruption and sanctions
- Maintaining an understanding of the customer's industry and associated markets
- Managing an existing portfolio of client relationships and assisting with the development of robust account plans for the portfolio, where required
- Identifying, escalating, and documenting new share of wallet opportunities through provision of new HSBC products and services
- Harnessing efforts internally to deliver superior solutions to customers
- Corporate / institutional banking experience, ideally with this experience coming from working with the Big 4 Domestic or an international bank
- Demonstrated ability to build strong and lasting relationships with internal and external parties;
- In-depth analytical skills, with a strong commercial orientation
- Proven capability in writing comprehensive yet concise credit papers, as well as the construction of content-focused pitch books, both with a high degree of accuracy and under time pressure
- Excellent communication skills, high levels of motivation, commitment and a desire to succeed;
- To consistently meet and exceed customer expectations through superior customer service
Due to current international travel restrictions and border closures, we will look to prioritise those candidates who hold either Australian Permanent Residency or Citizenship.