Relationship Credit Assistant Manager
• Highly engaged culture aiming to support your development
• Be part of a collaborative team
• Build your career pathway About The Role
Role Location: 55 Collins Street, Melbourne VIC 3000
Role Type: Permanent Full-Time
The purpose of the Relationship Credit Assistant Manager is to assist the Senior Relationship Credit Manager to complete the broader credit assessment function and ensure an optimal ‘well managed’ portfolio. The position also liaises with the client in regards to day-to-day requirements.
This role is within Specialist Distribution’s Premium Health team. The Premium Health business includes clients in sub-segments covering aged care, retirement living, hospitals, childcare, medico and pharmacies. Background knowledge in these sectors is not essential however the successful candidate should have a desire to build a deep understanding of these high growth markets.
Responsibilities would include (but not limited to):
• Provide support to the Senior Relationship Manager and Senior Relationship Credit Manager in achieving performance objectives based on allocated clients set and in line with agreed targets.
• Support the Relationship Credit team in maintaining a Credit Risk Review rating of 2 or better and action all material matters raised by Credit Risk Reviews in a timely and proper manner.
• Consistently make sound, high quality credit recommendations, based on thorough research and deep dive appraisals, and disciplined application of Health Direction of Lending and Judgemental Credit Policy.
• Prepare clearly articulated credit memorandums in support of funding requests for new and existing clients.
• Annual and periodic review of customers’ operating and financial performance are completed in a timely manner, including zero tolerance for overdue annual reviews and financial monitoring.
• Ensure accurate and timely CCR determinations to support optimal risk or reward outcomes, appropriate credit approval discretions are applied and influence appropriate behaviour.
• Manage day to day contact with allocated clients and develop an understanding of their business needs and product solutions.
• Build collaborative relationships with Product Partners, Relationship Managers, Client Services and Credit Executive to ensure understanding of business needs and product solutions are exchanged, engaging them to support delivery of customer solutions. About You
To grow and be successful in this role, you will ideally bring the following:
• Tertiary qualifications, preferably in Commerce, Business, Accounting or Economics
• Strong client handling and interpersonal skills
• Experience in customer Management and broad knowledge of processes and procedures
• Knowledge of ANZ products and services
• Demonstrated financial analysis skills and ability to identify key business drivers and mitigate key risks and make recommendations where appropriate
• Sound communication skills, excellent writing skills and strong understanding of Microsoft Office products
• Developing a network of connections both within the Bank and external to the bank About ANZ
At ANZ, everything we do boils down to ‘why’ – our purpose – to shape a world where people and communities thrive. We're just as focused on seeing our people thrive as well as our customers. We'll give you every opportunity to develop your career.
We are responding faster to changing customer requirements, focusing on the things that matter the most, energising our people, eliminating waste and reducing bureaucracy.
A happy workplace is a thriving one. So in order to attract and keep the best talent, and say thanks for the hard work, we make sure all our employees are rewarded.
ANZ recognises the value of an inclusive and diverse work environment. We take pride in the diversity of our people and encourage applications from diverse candidates. Our recruitment decisions are based on the key inherent needs and requirements of each role, and candidates are selected based on their unique strengths and characteristics. We work flexibly at ANZ. Talk to us and let us know how this role can be flexible for you.
To find out more about working at ANZ or to view other opportunities visit www.anz.com/careers. You may apply for this role by visiting ANZ Careers and search for reference number AUS105121.