- Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
- Permanent, Full time
- Citi Australia
Relationship Associate - Maternity Leave Cover
Relationship Associate - Maternity Leave Cover
- Primary Location: Australia,Victoria,Melbourne
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Institutional Banking
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Temporary
- Travel Time: No
- Job ID: 19016418
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi's Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients' and the public's trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
The Relationship Associate within the Corporate Bank in Australia is responsible for partnering with Senior Bankers to help manage the portfolio of franchise clients. This includes credit stewardship and management of the client portfolio, being actively involved in KYC, developing / executing high profile transactions, and working alongside partners across to deliver the Citi platform (i.e. Capital Markets, Markets & Risk Management, Treasury & Trade Solutions, Investment Banking and Risk Management).
Our Junior Bankers and Relationship Associates are part of a team who build and grow our long-term relationships with clients; addressing their most complex banking needs, helping them to succeed in their businesses by solving problems and realizing opportunities. Our bankers act as the primary contact point through which our clients access Citi's capabilities; orchestrating the delivery of relevant parts of Citi's coverage and product platform.
This experience is an excellent starting opportunity to prepare for future banking roles.
Key skills and experiences required
- Bachelors degree or higher;
- Team player who works well with others;
- High energy with a strong work ethic;
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a time-sensitive environment;
- Ability to review, interpret and analyse financial statements as well as third-party research and use that information to undertake detailed credit analysis with a view to making informed recommendations for accepting and/or managing the risks in a transaction or relationship;
- Understanding of financial models and the ability to forecast cashflows (including testing assumptions, drivers, together with the fluency to modify models as needed);
- Familiarly with bank returns methodology (including the underlying drivers) and risk systems/processes;
- Support the team with customer onboarding;
- Support the Corporate Bank team with regional and global initiatives (including responding to information requests).
- Ability to identify new business opportunities and work with business partners to structure and market solutions/ideas; and
- Understanding of corporate, acquisition and project finance related legal documentation for both financing and derivatives transactions;
- Familiarity with reviewing legal, technical, accounting and other due diligence reports;
- Stay abreast of industry trends and best practices of clients' and their competitors;
- Comprehensive understanding of macroeconomics and ability to articulate the impact of key economic data on clients and their credit profiles;
- Strong writing, analytical, communication and presentation skills; and
- Previous experience within a banking environment in a role with exposure to external clients, internal product partners and credit processes (including relationship management and credit analysis).
When you work at Citi, you will be working for an organisation that truly has a global footprint and a powerful network that spans the globe. We celebrate individual ingenuity and use the diversity of our people in order to drive high performance. Through dedicated support, training and resources, we promote our talent and future leaders to bring about lasting and positive impact. Citi Australia is an Employer of Choice for Women and supports a flexible work environment.