Relationship Assistant Manager
• Work within our exciting Commercial Banking team
• Develop your career with our comprehensive learning pathways
• Permanent opportunity working 40 hours per week About The Role
Role Location: Level 3, 543 Bridge Road, Richmond VIC 3121
Role Type: Permanent, Full-time
Shift Schedule: Standard working hours
ANZ's Commercial team is an exciting business providing a full range of banking solutions to businesses around Australia. Our customer focused proposition and enthusiastic, committed team has helped generate significant growth and we now have an opportunity for a business to business sales professionals to join us and help build our success further.
The Relationship Assistant Manager role is an integral part of our business service proposition. Working alongside a passionate team the incumbent’s role is to assist the Senior Relationship Manager(s) to complete the broader credit assessment function and ensure that there is an optimal ‘well-managed’ portfolio across the client base. You will implement ANZ’s best practice through delivery of accurate credit support and be involved in delivering quality end to end service to the client base. To maximise returns to the group, the position will require a close working relationship with our product specialists.
In this role, you will work in a Commercial Banking team specialising in Property Finance to develop strategic solutions for clients and be actively involved in structuring/executing commercial property development and investment transactions across a dynamic client base. About You
To be successful in this role, you will ideally have a genuine interest in the property industry across the various property sectors and also bring the following:
• Relevant experience in Banking/Finance is preferred
• Tertiary qualification, preferable in Commerce, Business, Property, Accounting or Economics
• Ability to identify key business drivers and mitigate key risks and make recommendations where appropriate
• Demonstrated financial analysis skills going beyond traditional accounting-based analysis
• Strong organisational, attention to detail and time management skills are essential
• Familiarity with reviewing legal, technical and other due diligence reports
• Experience in customer management with excellent client handling and interpersonal skills
• Developing a network of connections both within the Bank and external to the bank
• Strong background in Microsoft Office Suite applications (Excel, Word etc)
• Team player who works well with others About ANZ
At ANZ, everything we do boils down to ‘why’ – our purpose – to shape a world where people and communities thrive. We're just as focused on seeing our people thrive as well as our customers. We'll give you every opportunity to develop your career.
We are responding faster to changing customer requirements, focusing on the things that matter the most, energising our people, eliminating waste and reducing bureaucracy.
A happy workplace is a thriving one. So in order to attract and keep the best talent, and say thanks for the hard work, we make sure all our employees are rewarded.
ANZ recognises the value of an inclusive and diverse work environment. We take pride in the diversity of our people and encourage applications from diverse candidates. Our recruitment decisions are based on the key inherent needs and requirements of each role, and candidates are selected based on their unique strengths and characteristics. We work flexibly at ANZ. Talk to us and let us know how this role can be flexible for you.
To find out more about working at ANZ or to view other opportunities visit www.anz.com/careers. You may apply for this role by visiting ANZ Careers and search for reference number AUS107826.