Real Estate Advisory - Senior Analyst
What will your typical day look like?
- Flexible work arrangements - work in a way that suits you best
- Career breaks - for study, travel, volunteering or personal interests for up to 12 months
- Technology discounts - from Apple, HP, Lenovo, Windows... the list goes on!
Deloitte Real Estate Advisory helps clients take a strategic approach to property. Melbourne is one of our fastest growing offices in the Australian market. We are seeking a Senior Analyst and Manager to join our team with a passion for real estate and the desire to work on some of the largest and most complex real estate matters in the Australian market, while taking your career to the next level.
Our multi-disciplinary property team comprises staff with a range of property specific qualifications and deep industry experience across property valuation, development and construction management, civil engineering, town planning, property financing, transaction management, occupier advisory services and property economics - meaning all aspects of complex real estate assignments can be handled by one team with seamless results.
We work with a diverse range of clients which typically include domestic and overseas banks, major accounting firms, high net worth individuals, publicly listed corporations and non-for-profit organisations. They work as trusted advisors to the key stakeholders throughout the complete property lifecycle. About the Team
Our unique market position and strong growth have created the need for more talented real estate professionals to join our team. We have a unique opportunity that goes beyond traditional property consulting and extends to cover a variety of complex consultancy instructions. This role will provide the platform to accelerate your career in the real estate market, gain diverse skills and the opportunity to learn from industry experts on a range of challenging and exciting projects. Career development & promotion is based on merit at Deloitte, not years of service, and you will be working in a supportive environment with counselling managers who will assist with your career planning and objective setting.
Working within the Real Estate Transactions and Advisory team in Melbourne you will be responsible for:
- Conducting detailed research across a wide variety of office, industrial, retail and residential properties, projects and markets;
- Assist and at times prepare information memorandums and investment flyers for property funding deals and sale campaigns
- Preparing property summaries and high level commercial analysis of investment opportunities
- Either directing analysts, or yourself undertaking financial analysis and modelling to determine highest and best use assessments for properties
- Completing due-diligence investigations on a variety of assets;
- Preparing reports and presentations;
- Growing current and building new long-term relationships within the real estate industry and Deloitte; and
- Delivering a high quality of client service and assistance on the day-to-day tasks required on a range of projects across all aspects of the property cycle.
- Managing some administrative requirements during capital and real estate transactions
- Growing current and building new long-term relationships within the real estate industry and Deloitte
Your clients will include domestic and overseas large property and non-property corporates, government at local, state and Commonwealth levels, high net worth individuals and family groups, and not-for-profit organisations.
Our team can offer you the chance to work on exciting projects nationally, access to the global Deloitte network and a personalised career plan where promotion is based on your achievements, not years of service. Enough about us, let's talk about you
You are someone with;
- A professional qualification such as business (real estate and development), property economics or similar;
- For Senior Analyst, minimum 12 months property experience either in real estate advisory, property transactions, due diligence or real estate finance;
- For Manager, 5-8 years of property experience either in real estate valuations, property development, acquisition due diligence or real estate advisory
- A good understanding of the property market and lifecycle;
- The ability to work as part of a team or independently/ autonomously;
- Sound market research, analysis and presentation skills;
- Advanced analytical skills, particularly financial modelling & MS Excel;
- Excellent report writing skills.
At Deloitte, we create positively differentiated work experiences that enable our people to feel valued and achieve their full potential. We value difference, and embrace people with diverse backgrounds and thinking styles. Knowing that people work best in different ways, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements if the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated. Next Steps
Sound like the sort of role for you? Apply now.
If you've got any questions or wish to have a confidential conversation about this role, contact Jessica Carter from the Talent Acquisition team. We'd love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients and candidates with a consistent & exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu is the DTTL member firm in Australia ("Deloitte Australia"). "Deloitte" is the brand under which tens of thousands of dedicated professionals in independent firms throughout the world collaborate to provide audit, consulting, financial advisory, risk management, tax and related services to select clients.
Requisition code: AUEXP173623