Pursuit Manager - Melbourne
- Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
- Permanent, Full time
- EY Australia
- 19 Apr 19
Pursuit Manager - Melbourne
You like to achieve and you also like a challenge. Continuing your career with us will provide you with the opportunity to work with some of the world's leading organisations, helping them perform better in a rapidly changing environment.
The Pursuits Manager (PM) is responsible for implementing pursuit strategies and communicating strong value propositions so information and ideas are clearly and concisely conveyed through a variety of media to engage the audience and help them retain the message.
The Pursuits Manager:
- Focuses on pursuits for major opportunities, project managing the pursuit process and contributing to successful outcomes
- Manages client deliverables, covering all industry groups and service lines
- Produces and delivers high-quality proposals which meet the client's expectations and adhere to EY best practice and branding guidelines
- Transfers skills, knowledge and processes to service line / engagement teams
- Work with the Pursuit Leader to establish a pursuit team and agree roles/responsibilities/team protocols
- Establish and communicate overall pursuit and proposal production timelines
- Project manage pursuit campaigns and facilitate an effective proposal process
- Drive pursuit progress and report to main stakeholders (Pursuit Leader, Lead Engagement Partner, Pursuit Management Leader)
- Foster teamwork and hold team members accountable for timely contribution
- Coordinate/oversee collaboration with design and production teams
- Use internal knowledge resources/systems to monitor and analyse the impact of business/financial news and events on potential clients and the pursuit campaign
- Foster strong working relationships with other internal teams to produce client centric, on brand and within budget documents and presentations (e.g. Creative Services, Office of the General Counsel, Print Centre, Knowledge, Marketing specialists, etc)
- Support oral presentation preparation by coordinating resources and contributing to rehearsal sessions
- Demonstrate leadership, commitment and appropriate flexibility
- Act as a buddy for new Pursuit Managers
To qualify for the role you must have
- Degree qualified in Marketing, Communications, Commerce or related discipline
- 3+ years' experience in a sales or marketing environment which must include considerable bid management / coordination experience
- Experience in professional services favourable, but not essential
- Must have a strong personal presence and the ability to influence without authority
- Well-developed creative skills and the ability to express them in writing and verbally
- Strong writing skills with the ability to write interesting, persuasive, clear and accurate messages
- A strong sense of urgency and flexibility
- Ability to work under pressure, maintain control, show determination and persistence
- A sense of humour and the ability to be part of a committed team focused on outcomes
- Ability to use initiative, problem solve and to make appropriate recommendations
- Strong project management skills and ability to prioritise, set and meet deadlines on concurrent projects and communicate expectations to key stakeholders
- Deep understanding of the design and production process, print and video
- Solid skills in Word, PowerPoint and Excel
We're interested in leaders with a genuine creative vision and the confidence to make it happen. You can expect plenty of autonomy in this role, so you'll also need the ability to take initiative and seek out opportunities to improve our current relationships and processes.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and the value you bring. Our Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working, career development, and an extensive range of wellbeing and benefit offerings. We are happy to consider formal and informal flexible working arrangement. To find out how some of our people are using these arrangements to help them achieve a lifestyle balance, please click here .
Who we are
EY is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer offering a vast range of internal networks including Unity, our LGBTI network and our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander network. These provide our people with the opportunity to connect across offices and allow us all to embrace and value the diverse society we live within. We are committed to making reasonable adjustments to provide a positive, barrier-free recruitment process and supportive work environment. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application.
As a global leader in assurance , tax , transaction and advisory services , we're using the finance products, knowledge and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
Join us in building a better working world.
The preferred applicant will be subject to employment screening by EY or by their external third party provider.
© 2019 Ernst & Young Australia. All Rights Reserved. Liability limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards Legislation.