Public Sector SA - Amazon Web Services, VIC
DESCRIPTION Solutions Architect - Victorian Public Sector
AWS is where innovation, risks, and ideas are celebrated. We are builders; we try new things, imagine big dreams and reuse whenever we can. It is still Day 1 for us, and we are looking for curious people to be part of our diverse teams of thinkers, problem solvers, and doers. Come join us and work with AWS technologies that enable our Public Sector customers and partners to adopt cloud based solutions.
ABOUT THE TEAM
This role is within the Victorian Public Sector team, working with customer(s) covering logistics, retail and digital services. The team look after the Public Sector customers across Victoria - including nonprofit organisations, healthcare, education and government.
As a Solutions Architect, you'll help your customers plan their successful cloud journey. You'll solve complex, technical challenges so your customers can focus on their business. This includes using your knowledge to craft scalable, flexible, and resilient cloud architectures. You'll drive technical solution discussions, diving deep into the details with customer teams.
Building relationships to understand our customers and partners is key. As a trusted technical advisor, you'll use your interpersonal skills to influence a variety of stakeholders from technical teams to executives. You'll help ensure their short-term technology decisions are aligned with their long-term goals. Speeding up the adoption of our services will be part of your day to day.
You'll also act as thought leader in the wider community. This includes playing a lead role in educating, sharing best practices, presenting at events, writing white papers, blogs, and running workshops. You won't just be part of an industry movement; you'll be leading it.
As a customer obsessed advisor, you'll also have the chance to shape the direction of our products and services. This is through gathering feedback from customers whilst collaborating with our engineering and service teams.
Want to find out what it's like to be a Solution Architect at AWS? Watch this video (https://bit.ly/3keYcC9).
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS • Background in any other following or related to Technology Architect, Consultant, Cloud Architect, Technical Lead, Software Developer, Engineering Lead, Sales Engineer, Pre Sales Engineer or Systems Engineer, etc.
• Experience and/or deeper understanding in one or more technology areas. Specific knowledge in multiple technology domain areas (e.g., software development/architecture, systems engineering, infrastructure, security, networking, data & analytics).
• Can create proof of concepts, demos, and/or scripts from scratch or leveraging reusable components.
• Understands and can articulate common architectural patterns and design principles.
• Can take the lead on a complex technical project, which may require the participation of other teams to deliver.
• Able to create technical content that is easily adopted and reusable by others.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS • Experience architecting, migrating or transforming customer requirements to the cloud
• Professional experience architecting/operating solutions built on AWS or other cloud technology
• One or more AWS certifications, e.g. AWS Solutions Architect Associate
• Able to present to technical and business audiences (training, workshops, publications)
• 8 years' experience as a Solution Architect or related role.
What if I'm not an expert in all qualifications? That's okay! We hire people who have a passion for learning and are curious. You will be supported in your career development here at AWS. You will have plenty of opportunities to build your technical, leadership, business and consulting skills. This includes formal and informal training, a chance to gain AWS certifications and mentorship opportunities. You will learn from and collaborate with some of the brightest technical minds in the industry today.
CULTURE AND COMMITMENT TO INCLUSION, DIVERSITY & EQUITY
At AWS, we don't mind being called "peculiar." We see beauty in simplifying the complex, and we're comfortable being misunderstood for long periods of time. That might sound unorthodox. We believe in removing obstacles so builders can build which is why our people enjoy working in AWS.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status.