Project Manager - Superannuation
Vanguard Australia has been helping investors achieve their long-term financial goals for over 20 years. Serving institutional and individual clients, and financial advisers, we offer investment solutions that are low-cost, diversified and robust through time.
With more than AUD $6 trillion in assets under management Vanguard is one of the world's largest global investment management companies. In Australia we partner with institutional clients, financial advisers and individual investors to offer low-cost investment solutions. Our comprehensive range of managed funds, exchange traded funds (ETFs) and tailored investment solutions are built to support long-term investment success for our clients. Our Team & Opportunity
To project manage a variety of initiatives within the Vanguard Superannuation Program, supporting analysis and delivery of internal and vendor solution implementation, post implementation support and maintenance. Duties & Responsibilities
What are we looking for
- Manages a project or workstreams within a broader project or program. Develops, implements, and monitors project plans in consultation with Business Owners.
- Contributes expertise to major project deliverables, milestones, and required tasks.
- Provides insight on best practices and common obstacles based on prior experiences. Ensures strategies are aligned with the overall department strategy.
- Communicates project status and issues regularly to stakeholders, including Business Owners, leaders, team members, and senior managers.
- Builds and maintains effective relationships. Proactively fosters communication between internal and external project stakeholders. Influences key decisions across stakeholder groups.
- Proactively identifies, manages, and mitigates risks and any related project issues. Communicates solutions on key issues or projects to management and stakeholders to obtain their input and buy-in as appropriate.
- 5+ years' superannuation industry experience required, including 3 years' project management experience.
- Experience with formal project/software delivery methodologies (eg PRINCE2).
- Experience in delivery of superannuation offers and operational processes within superannuation (accumulation, insurance and pension products), with the ability to translate requirements and past superannuation implementation experience (perhaps gained through a new product or system implementation, SFT or change of administrator)
- Experience implementing superannuation related fund finance requirements and processes highly regarded.
- Exposure to supporting multi-disciplinary global projects.
- Ability to work under tight time constraints. Ability to work independently and perform effectively in a team environment.
- Excellent stakeholder engagement
- Strong verbal and written communications skills, interpersonal skills and professional presence.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and rapid change. Proven experience of working in flexible and ever-changing environment.
- Professional attitude and confidence to work with senior management level.
Vanguard's continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: "Do the right thing."
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard's core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard's core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.