Project Manager - Client Implementation
Who we are
Northern Trust is a preeminent global financial institution that provides asset servicing, investment management and wealth management services for institutions, high-net-worth individuals and families. For more than 130 years, our success has been anchored in one purpose: to serve as our clients' most trusted financial partner, guarding and growing their assets as though they are our own. Our market-leading technological capabilities-spanning from artificial intelligence for currency management, blockchain for fund administration and cloud-based solutions to deliver personalized wealth management services-allow us to deliver the highest level of service to our clients with speed and precision. What we do
Northern Trust's international business has grown dramatically over the last decade. Some of our largest clients are located in Asia and Australia, which represents a rapidly growing client base for the company. Our intricate understanding of the region allows us to provide unique insights and strategic perspectives to our clients. Currently, we have client offices in Beijing, Hong Kong, Melbourne, Singapore, Seoul, Tokyo and Kuala Lumpur.
Northern Trust is proud to serve the Australian community with global capabilities, meaningful insights and exceptional service. Institutional clients across Asia Pacific have relied on Northern Trust for effective solutions and ethical guidance across asset servicing and asset management since 1986. Role Summary
As part of the Client Delivery Solutions team, this role is responsible for managing medium to large scale local client implementations with multiple workstreams and internal and external stakeholders. This will include building client relationships, managing client requirements and expectations, and reporting on deliverables throughout the project lifecycle. This role could also act as a Workstream Lead and/or Project Manager within a large scale local or global projects.
You will support the Australian businesses in relation to all aspects of leading projects or project steps within a broader project, or may have accountability for on-going activities or objectives. This role also acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience.
You will report to the Manager, Project Management - Client Delivery Solutions. What you will do
- Ensure alignment of resources at Norther Trust and the client for the lifecycle of the project
- Set up overall project governance
- Schedule and run Internal and Joint working group meetings and all executive steer meetings (including Go/No Go decision meetings)
- Review and follow up on any At Risk and Overdue items in the Registers or Detailed Project Plan with the relevant workstreams
- Ensure all project governance activities are completed, and collate and distribute the Weekly Governance Pack to the client (Project Scorecard, All registers and Detailed Project Plan - and any other documentation that has been agreed as part of the governance structure)
- Act as an escalation point for Workstream Leads and Client where appropriate
- Ensure timely input, feedback and escalation to the Senior Project Manager and/or Program Manager where appropriate and ensure delivery of events to the agreed go live date
- Schedule and run internal meeting for your workstream to ensure project assigned partners are closing out all open items and tracking to the detailed project plan
- Produce and distribute agendas where agreed prior to any joint workstream meetings
- Populate Actions, Risk and Gap registers with any items that are raised as part of the joint workstream meeting and any adhoc meetings, and Joint or Executive Steer meetings
- Coordinate with the BAU workstream partners assigned to ensure you are receiving the latest updates prior to updating the registers and Detailed project plan
- Ensure confirmation of operational readiness to the agreed go live date
- Solves complex problems and take a new perspective on existing solutions
- Exercises judgment based on the analysis of multiple sources of information, whilst working within broad guidelines and policies
As of June 30, 2021, Northern Trust Corporation had:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required
- Previous experience in a similar role, ideally within Asset Servicing, Asset Management or Institutional Banking.
- Demonstrated client interaction ability
- Ability to navigate internal business structures and take things onboard quickly
- Highly flexible and adaptable to change
- Knowledge of various project methodologies such as Prince 2, Agile, Six Sigma, are a definite advantage
- $15.7 trillion in assets under custody/administration
- $12.2 trillion in assets under custody
- $1.5 trillion in assets under management
- $172 billion in banking assets
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018. In Australia, we are actively involved in many ways with both community and diversity organisations, which includes charity participation days. For families we offer a very generous parental leave scheme, and all staff have access to subsidised health insurance if they choose.
We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world's most admired and ethical companies. Build your career with us and apply today!
- Want to learn more about our company? Visit www.northerntrust.com
- We are a leading global financial institution- Click here to check out our company accolades!
For a private discussion please contact Gez Williams on +61 3 9935 8204.