At IBM, our Project Managers excel by leading and coordinating a project team's overall performance, scope, cost, and deliverables. Our clients rely on timely and efficient status reports, and as Project Manager, you will drive the charge with project direction, metric definition, and performance management. If you are ready to help our clients and project teams succeed, we would love to meet you!
Your Role and Responsibilities About IBM
IBM is the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, serving clients in 170 countries. In this new era of Cognitive Business, IBM is helping to reshape industries by bringing together our expertise in Cloud, Analytics, Security, Mobile, and the Internet of Things. We are changing how we create. How we collaborate. How we analyse. How we engage. IBM is a leader in this global transformation so there is no better place to launch and grow your career.
IBM Global Business Services (GBS) is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants enabling enterprises to make smarter decisions and providing unparalleled client and consumer experiences in cognitive, data analytics, cloud technology and mobile app development. With global reach, outcome-focused methodologies and deep industry expertise, IBM GBS empowers clients to digitally reinvent their business and get the competitive edge. We outthink ordinary. Discover what you can do at IBM. Role:
The Project Manager is responsible for leading one or more project teams delivering a solution to the customer using the appropriate business measurements and terms and conditions for the project according to the project charter, project agreement or contract. Key Responsibilities:
- Manage the scope, cost, schedule, scope, and contractual performance deliverables
- Apply techniques for planning, tracking, change control, and risk management
- Manage all project resources, including IBM, customer, and subcontractors
- Establish an effective communication plan with the project team and the customer
- Provide day-to-day direction to the project teams
- Provide regular project status updates to the customer
- Provide regular project status updates to IBM management
- Develop and maintain the project plan
- Timely and accurate project(s) progress & issues
- Provide guidance on strategies, requirements specifications, and functional specifications, which meet customer requirements and project standards
- Facilitate development of the application architecture, technology selection and detail application specifications
- Manage and maintain development of the project plan
- Closely work with other project and client teams to ensure tight alignment of objectives and expectations.
- Manage software vendor and IBM teams to ensure that the developed solution matches the required solution
- Define and monitor issues, dependencies, risks and risk mitigation strategies
- Monitor and assesses the quality of the deliverables
- Facilitate development of reuse opportunities
- Provide feedback on methodology improvement/customization and share new tools to enhance processes
- Facilitate sharing best practices, with documentation of best practices and lessons learned
- Provide overall guidance to teams under direction.
- Be an Australian citizen
- Been resident in Australia for the past 5 years (i.e., can't have moved to Australia only 4 or 4.5 years ago)
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Minimum 6 years' experience as a Project Management Professional, experienced in executing large scale IT projects
- At least 4 years' experience in managing custom application development projects.
- At least 4 years' experience in managing systems integration projects, working in a distributed team environment, managing remote teams in offshore or regional centres
- Prior experience in Agile and Waterfall Methods
- Ability to build strong, enduring client relationships built on trust and confidence
- Coordinate and work closely with other cross-functional team members both on/offshore
- Strong IT skills
- Excellent Communication skills
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- A passion for technology and business.
- The ability to understand and assimilate different points of view.
- A love of working with people in a team-focused environment.
- Natural leadership skills and the ability to thrive in a collaborative culture.
- The willingness to take ownership of challenging tasks, even beyond your initial scope of responsibility.
- Willing to take on challenges in new areas at new clients
- The flexibility to travel to client locations