Project Manger - 12 month fixed term full time role with Glen Eira City CouncilGlen Eira City Council is seeking an experienced and innovative Project Manager to join the Transformation and Corporate Performance team.
Why should you apply?
- A highly diverse role that will keep you challenged and engaged
- Refine your project management skills in a supportive and high-performing team
- Flexible working hours with options at home and in the office
- Opportunities to work on innovative projects that benefit Glen Eira City Council and its community
- Extensive training and professional development opportunities within the team
- About the role
The Project Manager Transformation is responsible for the planning and delivery of a range of transformation projects across the organisation, establishing effective change management and communications strategies to ensure success.
Key responsibilities include:
- Develop strong relationships with project stakeholders to ensure transformation projects achieve agreed outcomes
- Budget, monitor, report and document project performance ensuring milestones are being met
- Assist in timely and accurate preparation of project plans and objectives, ensuring tasks are reviewed and completed on schedule
- Develop and manage implementation schedules.
- Proactively identify and put strategies in place to address project risks and issues ensuring project stakeholders are kept informed.
- Assist with the implementation of Council's project delivery framework and identify improvement opportunities and initiate action to improve systems and processes across the organisation
You will have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, a positive mindset, and the ability to communicate with a range of diverse stakeholders with an aptitude for listening, negotiating and relating to others. Team fit is extremely important to us, and we are seeking a positive and energetic person who embodies our team mindset of 'try, fail, learn and improve'.
Your experience in both structured planning and agile practice will see you working closely with the Transformation and Corporate Performance Team to share your knowledge and skills and build the capacity of the team to effectively oversee projects.
The following is also required:
- Experience in project management, ideally including the delivery of digital projects and platform development
- Well-developed problem-solving skills and ability to manage a range of high-profile projects, resources, consultants and contractors
- Strong project management skills including preparation of project documentation and the ability to set priorities and complete projects to achieve key project success factors
- Experience to develop and enhance the project management capabilities within the team
- Please note the successful candidate must be willing to undergo a police records check for the purpose of employment.
Working at Glen Eira City Council
The City of Glen Eira is a dynamic municipality located within the south-east metropolitan region of Melbourne, approximately 10 kilometres from the CBD. Council provides a range of services to over 155,000 residents from more than 160 cultural backgrounds and over 16,000 businesses.
Glen Eira City Council is a collaborative, values-based organisation that strives for innovation. Our 1,600 employees bring their diverse backgrounds and varied experiences and perspectives to an inclusive and flexible work environment, creating a unique and vibrant culture that is representative of the municipality it services.
Recognised as an Employer of Choice, we seek people who share our community focused values and have a desire to create positive local impact.
Extensive Learning and Development programs
Reward and recognition programs
Comprehensive leave entitlements
Flexible working arrangements
Corporate gym memberships
How to apply
Please attach your resume along with a cover letter (on the first page) detailing your experience and how it relates to the role. LHS 297508