Professional Services - Senior Practice Manager (Victoria)
Do you have IT infrastructure experience in Fortune 500 enterprise customers? Have you hired and led teams of consultants to assist Fortune 500 enterprise customers to manage and implement IT related projects? Can you lead an enterprise customer through a variety of projects involving IT strategy, distributed architecture implementation, and hybrid cloud operations? Can you build and lead world class teams that drive breakthrough business results using cutting edge technologies?
At AWS, our Professional Services teams include highly technical cloud computing architect consultants who help our customers and partners develop technical expertise and deliver cloud based solutions to key customer engagements around the world. Our AWS Professional Services consultants deliver IT infrastructure architecture guidance, lead proof-of-concept projects, perform enterprise portfolio assessments, assist customers with IT Transformation, review operational best practices and conduct skills transfer workshops.
AWS Professional Services consultants collaborate with customers and partners to address security and compliance, performance and scale, availability and manageability. They advise customers on migrating existing systems and building new systems using the full range of AWS services.
We're now adding an experienced Practice Manager to lead these teams of architect consultants and define, design and drive the cloud-consulting model of the future and accelerate adoption of the AWS platform.
Engage customers - collaborate with senior customer stakeholders and AWS enterprise sales managers to develop strong customer and partner relationships as well as build a growing business within a geographic territory, driving AWS adoption in key accounts.
Sell cloud engagements - that can span from short on-site projects proving the value of AWS services to massive cloud migration projects that include the movement of thousands of applications and the automation of the cloud infrastructure to house them.
Coach and teach - collaborate with AWS field sales, pre-sales, training and support teams to help partners and customers learn and use AWS services such as Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2), Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3), Amazon Simple DB/RDS databases, AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM), etc.
Deliver value - lead high quality delivery of a variety of customized engagements with partners and enterprise customers in the commercial and public sectors.
Lead great people - attract top IT architecture talent (architecture, security, big data, operations, IT Transformation) to build high performing teams of consultants with superior technical depth, and outstanding customer relationship skills.
Be a customer advocate - Work with AWS engineering teams to convey partner and enterprise customer feedback as input to AWS technology roadmaps Basic Qualifications
• Visible IT Industry thought leadership on relevant topics related to enterprise IT infrastructure, DevOps, IT Transformation, Big Data and Application Migration.
• Vertical industry sales and delivery experience of contemporary IT services and solutions.
• Business development experience including complex agreements w/ integrators and ISVs
• Business Development and International sales and delivery experience with global Fortune 500 enterprise customers and partners
• People / Team Leadership experience Preferred Qualifications
• Hands on experience leading large-scale global IT transformation projects.
• Track record of implementing AWS services in a variety of distributed computing, enterprise environments.
• Use of AWS services in distributed environments with Microsoft, IBM, Oracle, HP, SAP etc.
• Advanced Degrees in engineering and/or business