See job description for details
The purpose of the Group Payments Tech Area
is to transform Payments by fortifying existing platforms, simplifying and standardising processes and technology and by enabling our business through reusable end-to-end services.
As a Product Owner
you will enable and inspire a multi-disciplinary and technically focused Squad to pursue its delivery of work. You will ensure that the work is operationally and strategically aligned to the Tribe’s mission and engages with other Product Owners to align and manage interdependencies.
Whilst this role is not a people manager, it is an influencing role where you will be galvanising the squad and external stakeholders around a vision and supporting them Who are you?
What you bring to the Tech Area:
- A team player – You know we only win if we all win. You recognise and value the different perspectives and skills your colleagues bring. It is not about being a hero but jumping in and contributing to the successful delivery of the team’s mission
- The customer’s biggest fan – You demonstrate a thirst for better understanding the customer and define the problem and develop solutions through their eyes
- Comfortable being uncomfortable – You are comfortable with uncertainty and have the ability to effectively manage yourself through ambiguity and change
- Continuous improvement junkie – You constructively challenge the status quo, look for better ways to do things and passionately advocate continuous improvement
- Committed to your own and other’s growth – You strive to stretch and grow yourself and others by identifying your own development areas, seeking feedback and providing feedback to others to help them learn and grow everyday
- A problem solver – You are energised by tackling complex problems and use critical thinking, your network, skills, knowledge, and available data to drive better outcomes for our customers and the bank
- Risk savvy – You build sustainable solutions that protect customers, stakeholders and the community
As a Product Owner,
your role is to ensure that Payments’ platforms run at scale efficiently and more reliably while accommodating our appetite for fast and frequent change requests. You will strive to have a complete understanding of our platform, its functions and dependencies, business flows and configuration.
- Have at least 12 years of related experience
- Graduate Degree
- Actively engage in the whole lifecycle (inception, design, development, testing, deployment, operation, monitoring and refinement) of systems and services
- Advocate for changes that improve overall platform health and performance
- Help create a broad range of visualisation techniques covering scope, progress, culture, goal, etc.
- Foster networks and leverage an understanding of others’ behaviour to adapt your influencing style and approach to effectively collaborate, build relationships & maximise impact.
- Have proven ability to innovate and adapt to latest development in area of expertise
- Strong background in delivering future-ready, performant UI applications and keen sense of UX aspects
- Have delivered features in an Agile working environment with a superior skills in prioritisation, planning and stakeholder management