See job description for details
About The Role
- Deliver significant improvements to core Finance processes & systems
- Design and implement best-in-class solutions to challenging problems
- Highly visible role implementing ANZ Finance’s change agenda
Role Location: 833 Collins Street, Docklands VIC 3008
Role Type: Permanent, Full-Time opportunity Your business
Financial Performance Management (FPM) is a part of Enterprise Finance and is responsible for supporting the Group CFO, the Deputy & Divisional CFOs and the business make optimal resource allocation decisions. To do this, FPM undertakes a range of performance management activities including planning, forecasting, reporting and analysis, which provide actionable insight and advice to its stakeholders. As a function, FPM drives continual process improvement by leveraging its scale and ‘one way of doing things’ across its Group and divisionally-aligned teams, including the Cost Centre of Excellence (‘Cost COE’). Your team’s role
The Decision Support Global Process Owner (‘GPO’) team is responsible for leading the change agenda within FPM and across the Decision Support functions within Finance (FPM and Business Partnering) to deliver ongoing improvement and best-in-class solutions in its performance management systems, tools and processes. Your reporting lines and stakeholders
You will report to the Decision Support GPO Lead.
To succeed in your role, you will need to develop and maintain strong stakeholder relationships across FPM, the Finance Leadership team, other Finance teams (e.g. the Finance Systems, Data & Innovation team (‘FSDI’) and Financial Control) and business stakeholders where relevant. You will also need to collaborate closely with dedicated change teams that sit within the FPM function (e.g. the Cost COE) who form part of the change ecosystem within FPM and will partner with the Decision Support GPO team on executing change initiatives. Your Role
As a Process & Change Specialist, you will be a part of a team of change and process professionals tasked with redesigning core Finance processes and tools with respect to performance management processes, including Planning and Forecasting, with the aim of achieving material improvements in productivity and service quality.
Responsibilities include initiating, planning and overseeing the execution of initiatives to improve Decision Support, including making better use of data, automating and simplifying process, and implementing controls and governance. In particular, within FPM and across Finance Decision Support you will introduce or identify best practice and drive consistency and standardisation of processes in line with best practice. Your key priorities and responsibilities include:
- Develop creative solutions to continually enhance the performance management ‘framework’ and associated processes such as Planning and Forecasting and Reporting
- Contribute to the ongoing design and delivery of key decision support Business Intelligence solutions, including extending coverage of those tools to new areas
- Design, introduce, track and report new metrics and measures to support and embed accompanying process and cultural change
- Develop and implement risk management, compliance and governance frameworks across the Decision Support community
- Drive continuous improvement across Decision Support to create a better ANZ Finance function
To grow and be successful in this role, ideally you will bring the following skills and capabilities:
- Experience in managing change across a complex and geographically dispersed function
- Experience in supporting continuous improvement initiatives, with a background in process optimisation ideally with skills in lean/six sigma and/or similar methodologies
- Ability to build and maintain relationships based on trust, and influence people with empathy, facts and logic drawing on a sophisticated repertoire of influencing techniques
- Strong visual and written communication skills to communicate initiatives, projects, ideas or progress to senior stakeholders
- Used tools to manage projects effectively – whether it’s a Gantt Chart, Excel, Confluence or something else and proficiency in core tools including Excel/PPT, SharePoint, and in team/work management software (e.g. Confluence)
- A good understanding of Finance processes
- Demonstrated ability to role model behaviors consistent with ANZ values , New Ways of Leading and Growth Mindset
At ANZ, everything we do boils down to ‘why’ – our purpose – to shape a world where people and communities thrive. We're just as focused on seeing our people thrive as well as our customers. We'll give you every opportunity to develop your career.
We are responding faster to changing customer requirements, focusing on the things that matter the most, energising our people, eliminating waste and reducing bureaucracy.
A happy workplace is a thriving one. So in order to attract and keep the best talent, and say thanks for the hard work, we make sure all our employees are rewarded. We work flexibly at ANZ and encourage you to talk to us about how this role can be flexible for you and any adjustments you may require to our recruitment process or the role itself.
If you are a candidate with a disability, let us know how we can provide you with additional support.
To find out more about working at ANZ or to view other opportunities visit www.anz.com/careers. You may apply for this role by visiting ANZ Careers and search for reference number Taleo Job Code (AUS124311).