See job description for details
Role Type: Fixed-term
Role Location: 833 Collins Street, Docklands VIC 3008
As a Process Engineer
you will rethink and redesign the way work is done to better support the organisation's mission to remove complexity, solve problems, improve efficiencies and reduce costs.
We are looking for someone who can demonstrate significant process re-engineering and business improvement. The ideal candidate is likely to be from the banking, consulting or large scale manufacturing environments. What will be in your tool kit?
What might a ‘day in the life’ look like?
- Able to ‘think big’ and distil it down to succinct prioritised actions to deliver significant customer and business value.
- Ability to work hands-on, collaboratively and with passion and energy as part of an agile team
- Strong technical lean expertise, based on a fundamental understanding of the underlying principles and what we are trying to be achieve
- Passion for simplification, with a deep understanding of lean principles and skills
- Logical and structured thinking and comfort with both data analysis and ambiguity, resulting in the ability to pragmatically break down complex problems, understand the key drivers and the improvement areas that will result in the biggest impact(s)
- Demonstrated ability to deliver tangible results in compressed timeframes across a number of sectors and operational environments (e.g. branch, call centre, back office, product etc)
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in all forms and simplify complex messages to stakeholders at all levels
- Knowledge and/or experience with Human Centred Design and/or Agile highly regarded
- Black belt or Green Belt LSS highly regarded, but not essential, dependent on your experience.
- Experience in ‘getting stuff done’
- Responsible for quantifying current state process performance, identifying the key improvements required to improve performance and facilitating implementation of changes and assessment of benefits
- Provide input on the initiatives identified and being prioritised as to whether they will have simplification process improvement opportunities and potential benefits
- Liaise with stakeholders, bankers, customers and leverage data to understand the e2e initiative through current state assessments and value stream mapping
- Leverage a “just enough analysis” approach, providing prioritized challenge areas and solution options to pursue, working collaboratively with squad team and seeking final prioritisation from product owner
- Problems and issues to solve are an everyday occurrence, you have the ability to dissect and approach with a calm, logical and analytical mind.
- Define and implement test and learn concepts to achieve maximum value.
- Support the PEG team objectives to uplift process maturity across tribes.
Here are some of the skillsets you may bring or grow in this role and what would be expected at various levels: Process Engineer/Lean Expertise
- Quantify current state & identify future process improvement opportunities
- Define, document & implement prioritized implementation solutions/opportunities
- Identify value streams and establish flow, implementing pull & working to perfection
Design Thinking/Problem Solving
- Quantify size of potential opportunities and develop options for prioritization
- Leverage data analysis to break down ambiguous and complex problems
- Understand key drivers and improvement areas that will result in the biggest impacts
Collaboration and Communication Skills
- Work across E2E processes to identify improvements in customer experiences whilst reducing costs
- Improve process capability and production volumes while maintaining &/or improving quality standards
- Leverage problem solving tools & techniques to identify and prioritise opportunity areas
We work flexibly at ANZ and encourage you to talk to us about how this role can be flexible for you and any adjustments you may require to our recruitment process or the role itself
- Work across squads and tribes to identify, quantify and design new process flows and architecture
- Develop material to enable prioritisation, speed-to-value capture & resourcing decisions
- Ability to communicate effectively in all forms and simplify complex messages to stakeholders
. If you are a candidate with a disability, let us know how we can provide you with additional support.
To find out more about working at ANZ or to view other opportunities visit www.anz.com/careers. You may apply for this role by visiting ANZ Careers and search for reference number AUS128363