Principal Strategy Consultant - Blockchain
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Seeking a Blockchain Strategy Consultant
to join an innovative and growing team in Australia and New Zealand - a team that is helping businesses realise the potential of blockchain technology.
The role involves lead generation with clients, driving the sales engagement process and structuring deals on our solutions offerings from, providing consulting advisory services to Minimum Viable Products, through to enterprise-grade and production-ready solutions. We ask bold questions and help our clients think differently. We develop strategies that are supported by robust business cases to ensure benefits are realized.
As the successful candidate you will be a strong sales leader with experience of delivering blockchain projects and enterprise applications here in Australian market and/or globally.
As a Blockchain Strategy Consultant, your responsibilities will include:
• Supporting and leading development of new business opportunities.
• Generating repeat sales at assigned clients and supporting sales efforts of the practice.
• Delivering subject matter expertise across selected industries.
• Building industry and region-specific IBM viewpoints and offerings for blockchain.
• Creating awareness in the market and delivering IBM's POV on Blockchain in our key accounts.
• Becoming a trusted blockchain advisor for clients building new visions and business models.
• Developing and delivering business strategy and implementation roadmaps.
• Managing client relationships.
• Conceptualizing and developing relevant use cases, proof-of-concepts (POC) and pilots.
• Leading multi-disciplinary teams of talented consultants, business analysts and technical practitioners to successful delivery of complex blockchain technology applications.
• Contributing to the growth and eminence of the practice through thought leadership and practice development activities.
• Helping our clients explore disruptive strategies that create business value.
• Promoting IBM's unique value proposition in the market. The Requirements:
• Strong sales/strategy consultant with industry eminence who can lead business
transformations through emerging technologies such as blockchain.
• Extensive sales and business development experience including strong knowledge of blockchain, Distributed Ledger Technology, and smart contracts solutions.
• Good understanding of business process re-engineering and development of enterprise ecosystems.
• Must be effective in handling the multiple client conversations required to build blockchain networks.
• Proven business analysis experience within an IT environment.
• Understand basic fundamentals of software development processes and procedures.
• Ability to proactively participate in customer engagements, follow direction from lead technicians, work with end users, and participate in technical planning.
• Experience of working on technology-led business transformation projects.
• Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment.
• Possess strong communications and facilitation skills.
• A technology and developer background is an advantage.
• Versed in agile methodologies and tools.
• Teamwork, flexibility, initiative, networking, communication and organization competencies.
• Willing to travel (domestically and globally) up to 4 days a week.
Intrigued? We invite you to explore this unique opportunity. Career Growth:
Our goal is to be essential to the world, which starts with our people. Company wide we have kicked off an internal talent strategy program. At our core, we are committed to believing and investing in our workforce through:
• Skill development: helping our employees grow their foundational skills
• Finding the dream job at IBM : navigating our company with the potential for many careers by channeling an employee's strengths and career aspirations
• Diversity of people : Diversity of thought driving collective innovation
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise