Principal Enterprise Solutions Architect (Melbourne / Sydney)
DESCRIPTION is where innovation, risks, and ideas are celebrated. We are builders, we try new things, and imagine big dreams. It is still Day 1 for us, and we are looking for curious people to be part of our diverse teams of thinkers, testers, and doers. Come join us and work with the latest technologies that enable our Enterprise customers to adopt based solutions.
ABOUT THE TEAM
This role is within the Enterprise team and will be located in either Melbourne or Sydney, Australia.
As a Solutions Architect, you'll help your customers successfully implement technologies. You'll solve complex, technical challenges so your customers can focus on their business. This includes using your knowledge to craft scalable, flexible, and resilient architectures. You'll drive technical solutions discussions, diving deep into the details with customer teams.
Building relationships to understand our customers is key. As a trusted technical advisor, you'll use your interpersonal skills to influence a variety of stakeholders from technical teams to executives. You'll help
ensure their short-term technology decisions are aligned with their long-term goals. Speeding up the adoption of our services will be part of your day to day.
You'll also act as an evangelist in the wider community. This includes taking part in educating, sharing best practices, presenting at events, writing white papers, blogs, and running workshops. You won't just want to be part of an industry movement; you'll want to be leading it.
As a Builder, you'll also have the chance to shape the direction of our products and services. This is through gathering feedback from customers whilst collaborating with our engineering and service teams.
Want to find out what it's like to be a Solution Architect at ? Watch this video
What if I'm not an expert in all qualifications? That's okay. We hire people who have a passion for learning and are curious. You will be supported in your career development here at . You will have plenty of opportunities to build your technical, leadership, business and consulting skills. This includes formal and informal training, a chance to gain certifications and mentorship opportunities. You will learn from and collaborate with some of the brightest technical minds in the industry today.
CULTURE AND COMMITMENT TO INCLUSION, DIVERSITY & EQUITY
At , we don't mind being called "peculiar." We see beauty in simplifying the complex, and we're comfortable being misunderstood. That might sound unorthodox. We believe in removing obstacles so builders can build which is why our people enjoy working in .
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
We're passionate about supporting the needs of our people and their family. This may include:
• Comprehensive Private Health Insurance
• Paid Maternity and Parental Leave
• Flexible workplace: flexible daily working hours, we value work-life-harmony
• Amazon Employee Discount on product and services
• Employee Assistance (EAP)
Want to Come Build the Future with us? Don't wait, apply today!
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS • Background in any other following or related to Technology Architect, Consultant, Architect, Technical Lead, Software Developers, Engineering Lead, Sales Engineer, Pre Sales Engineer or Systems Engineers, etc.
• High level of interpersonal skills and a demonstrable history of engaging with and earning the trust of CIOs, CTOs and other executive level employees within enterprises.
• Will have experience and/or deeper understanding in one or more technology areas. Specific knowledge in multiple technology domain areas (e.g., software development, systems engineering, infrastructure, security, networking, data & analytics).
• Can create proof of concepts, demos, and/or scripts from scratch or leveraging reusable components.
• Understands and can articulate common architectural patterns and design principles.
• Demonstrable history of leading complex technical projects, which may require the participation of other teams to deliver.
• Track record of creating technical content that is easily adopted and reusable by others.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS • Experience architecting, migrating or transforming customer requirements to the cloud
• Professional experience architecting/operating solutions built on AWS
• One or more AWS certifications, e.g. AWS Solutions Architect Associate
• Demonstrated thought leadership through public speaking and / or publications