Power Systems Consultant
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
- Work with a highly experienced technical team
- Make an impact with mission critical work for our clients
- Permanent role based in our Melbourne office
We as IBM are embracing our role as a trusted leader in designing and deploying the technologies that can help the world community operate more efficiently, more sustainably and more equitably for the people and the planet.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status. About the Business Unit
Cloud Digitization is accelerating the ongoing evolution of business, and clouds -public, private, and hybrid -enable companies to extend their existing infrastructure and integrate across systems. IBM Cloud provides the security, control, and visibility that our clients have come to expect. We are working to provide the right tools and environment to combine all of our client's data, no matter where it resides, to respond to changing market dynamics
As part of the Worldwide Lab Services team the Lab Service Power Systems consultants are engaged in providing specialist services on IBM Power Systems around the world. The Lab Services Power Systems specialist is a highly skilled expert with a deep knowledge of IBM's Power Server portfolio, AIX, Linux and IBM Systems products and services around the Power Systems eco system.
The Lab Services consultant assumes overall technical responsibility for the success of solution construction, implementation and system integration in a technology, industry or business specialty. You deliver new and complex high-quality solutions to clients in response to varying business requirements and provide technical expertise for the Client engagements and responsible for designing and deploying the solution.
You will utilize your thorough and strong hands on skills in ONE or MORE of the following subject matter areas: IBM Power Servers, Redhat, OpenShift, Cloud Solutions, Linux, AIX, Virtualization, Containers, Kubernetes, PowerVM, High Availability Solutions (IBM PowerHA, Open Source HA solutions), devOps and Automation tools like Ansible. You will be responsible for the design and implementation of infrastructure solutions on IBM Power Systems and related technologies, by utilizing your deep technical skills and experience in solutions that support the key focus areas for the team. You will be collaborating with the technical consultants across other geographical locations when creating new assets, and be responsible for conducting technology Sessions / workshops on Focus Areas, and work on PoCs for clients and other IBM Teams. What skills will I need?
To be considered as a suitable candidate for this role, you will need to have proven experience as an Infrastructure solution architect, and have experience developing and documenting server implementation solution using technologies that meet customer business requirements. What experience will I need?
- Experience in Virtualization Technologies (IBM PowerVM, KVM, RedHat Virtualization (RHV)), Containers, Kubernetes, RedHat OpenShift technologies.
- Experience working with infrastructure automation products such as Ansible,
- Hands-on experience in implementing IBM Power Servers, VIOS and LPARs. Hands-On experience in installation, configuration, maintenance and troubleshooting of AIX, Linux of Power (redhat/SLES/Ubuntu), and experience in Server networking (Linux, AIX).
- Good knowledge in cloud implementation (Public/Private/Hybrid)
- Desired experience in Performance analysis and troubleshooting
- Experience in implementing HA technologies (OpenSource HA, IBM PowerHA SystemMirror)
- Good Communication Skills both written and Verbal with an innovative approach and ability to build strong relationships at all levels.
- Experience on IBM Power Servers / AIX / Linux Solutions
Due to the nature of work, the successful applicant must have full working rights in Australia without sponsorship. Sign me up!
If you tick these boxes, and are ready to start your next challenge with a career at IBM - click "Apply" today. To find out more, head to www.ibm.com.au/careers
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise