Portfolio Specialist, Professional Risks/Financial Lines
Full time Permanent position The role:
You will be responsible for driving the overall P&L outcomes of the Professional Risks (PR) portfolios across our Australian Division. Accountabilities include achieving targeted NPS, growth, profit, and retention targets.
The role requires in-depth portfolio management to achieve the business plan including strategic pricing and underwriting strategy.
We are able to offer you work diversity as the position may cut across professional financial lines and public and products liability insurance. Key Responsibilities:
- Drive positive outcomes by defining the strategy to achieve required P&L targets for the portfolio, including growth and retention opportunities and channel profitability
- Achieve customer growth and retention, along with Customer & Broker NPS targets /actuals through ongoing monitoring and appropriate responses across the value chain
- Be a driving force in operational performance by undertaking product, pricing and underwriting through thorough design and implementation of innovative and sustainable strategies
- Adhere to our governance and risk policies, along with setting the authority criteria for professional risks underwriting licenses
- Work closely and effectively across Australia Division, being a role model and influencer adopted of our customer centric model
To be successful in this position, you will possess the following:
- Substantial experience working in a professional risks underwriting or technical position and understands the current product landscape
- P&L ownership experience
- Strong product line and insurance pricing knowledge, with the ability to deliver product line processes and strategies
- Knowledge of tools and techniques of analyzing potential risks exposure and risk control methodology, with the ability to translate them into programs that control losses at corporate and local levels
- Be seen as an Innovator - Understand the value of innovation and have the ability to develop new ideas and initiatives that improve the performance of the organisation
- Consistently produce Results - Have the passion and resilience to get things done
- Natural authentic negotiator, with ability to utilise assigned resources and leverage resources to achieve outcomes
- Strong Business acumen and Strategic thinking/ Visionary skills - Understanding of the value of articulating an intended business outcome and ability to communicate in a style that motivates others to superior performance and challenge the status quo
IAG is the largest general insurance group in Australia and New Zealand. IAG owns some of the region's most trusted brands, including NRMA Insurance, CGU, SGIO, SGIC, WFI and Swann Insurance.
We are a team that are made up of experience in Underwriting, Analytics and Actuarial, Product and Pricing, Portfolio Management and Strategy.
Our key stakeholders include business distribution teams, claims, reserving, reinsurance and actuary specialists and external partners such as brokers.
In return, we offer you the opportunity to grow your skillset, join a diverse and inclusive culture and work with a supportive manager and a values driven organisation that has delivered strong historical results.
Some of our benefits include 13% superannuation, 50% insurance discounts, flexible work and leave options, generous parental leave and return to work program, recognition and reward program, and various corporate partner discounts.
We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply for this position.