Platform Solution Designer / Jnr Solution Architect
- Immerse yourself in our inclusive, diverse and supportive culture
- Choose the way you want to work by embracing our flexible work arrangements
- Collaborate with sector and technical experts to grow your knowledge and network
KPMG Australia is part of a global network providing extensive services across a wide range of industries and sectors. Our people collaborate, share their expertise and create innovation as we partner with clients to solve complex challenges, empower change, and drive disruption and growth. We look for talented people with the potential to make an extraordinary difference for our clients, our firm and our communities.
KPMG's Innovation, Solutions & Ventures portfolio ideate, incubate, coordinate and scale new tech-enabled solutions and emerging technology capabilities. The team combines a diverse skillset across data, intelligent automation, emerging technology, product management and innovation to deliver unique solutions to our clients.
Our culture is characterised by a start-up mentality combined with professional entrepreneurship. Our team is made up of passionate people who want to deliver value to clients in a new context, in which we connect in-depth specialist knowledge with the latest technological possibilities. We are looking for people who want to take on this challenge with us and are ready to contribute to the growth of the firm. Your Opportunity
As a Delivery and operationally focused Solution Designer , you will drive the right technology decisions to enable KPMG to put best of breed products in the market. Own and drive new solutions for the firm from feasibility through to deployment and its ongoing operations . Also
- Consulting with business owners to establish the details of problem, the requirements and assess the feasibility
- For larger more complex solutions, work with a more senior solution architect to understand the solution direction and tradeoffs of some of the more detailed aspects
- Research into appropriate technologies and patterns to find the best technology solution among all possible to solve the business problem
- Creating solution designs including decision trade-offs , interfaces and how the system works, key considerations for security and data privacy and how it will be delivered
How are you Extraordinary?
- Input into p lanning process for design implementation estimation
- Managing specific areas of inhouse / outsourced engineering teams to ensure everyone knows what they need to do when implementing a design
- Communicating by tracking risks and issues, reporting on the status of the project and escalating as required.
- Work on detailed aspects of SDLC/integration process to ensure we have ongoing consistent / rigorous approach.
- Ensure quality by reviewing tests, code, infrastructure and pipelines and provide feedback and guidance on how to address issues.
At KPMG, we believe diversity of thought, background and unique experience strengthens relationships and delivers meaningful benefits to our people, our clients and communities.
To be considered for this opportunity, your qualifications, skills & experience could include:
- Competency in the basics such as using Git / pull requests / unit tests / functional tests
- Familiarity with infrastructure as code and pipeline as code methods
- Azure or AWS experience is a must
- Solid original experience with one of C# / Node / Python / Java
- Working knowledge of relational database systems, NoSQL, Object Oriented Programming and web application development
- Excellent understanding of APIs, API-design, and back-end performance considerations.
- Be able to create a detailed project delivery plan covering requirements analysis through to post-deployment
- Be able to run development and testing sprint cycles with geographically distributed delivery teams
- Be able to build relationships quickly with many different stakeholders. You arearticulateandintelligent, with solidcommunication skills.
The KPMG Difference
- Proven ability to work autonomously, dealing with conflicting priorities and monitoring own workload in a timely and effective manner.
At KPMG, we're passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. We believe that everyone's unique experiences enable us to deliver meaningful benefits for our people, our clients and communities. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, ages, religions, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples, LGBTIQ+ people, those with a disability, women and people with a cultural or linguistically diverse background.
We embrace flexibility as a key principle to allow our people to manage the changing demands of work, personal and family life.
KPMG has a decade-long, proud commitment to Indigenous Australia, as demonstrated by the achievement of an Elevate level Reconciliation Action Plan. KPMG is a foundation member and Principal Partner of Pride in Diversity started in Australia by ACON and the Diversity Council of Australia, and is recognised in the Australian Workplace Equality Index( AWEI) which evaluates LGBTIQ+ inclusiveness in the workplace. KPMG Australia has been consistently recognised as an Employer of Choice in the Australian Government's Workplace Gender Equality Agency( WGEA) annual index.
Flexibility empowers wellbeing
Flexibility enables contribution to the community
Flexibility inspires technology & innovation
Flexibility supports family
Make KPMG the clear choice for your career and be Extraordinary ! Advertised:
08 Mar 2021 AUS Eastern Daylight Time Applications close:
Back to search results Apply now