See job description for details
Title: OFSAA Data Engineer
Location: 833 Collins Street, Docklands VIC
Role Type: Fixed Term Contract (12 months) Description
As part of the Trade Life Cycle
(TLC) project the candidate will be responsible for the design, build and support of all the data transformation requirements to implement the changes necessary to ensure the Group OFSAA platform is ready to accommodate the transition from of Murex 2.11 to Murex 3.1 platforms as part of Trade Life Cycle
initiative. The candidate will join the existing development team and work closely with testers and OFSAA functional specialists. A day in the life
What will likely be in your toolkit?
- Analyse requirements and identify solution options informed by existing design patterns, standards and the operational architecture. Work collaboratively with the Business, Functional SMEs and Data/System teams to agree on the best fit option.
- Complete design and generate build artefacts using prescribed tools, techniques and processes ensuring compliance with all source code version control and deployment practices.
- Ensure performance is built into the DNA of all code and runtime artefacts.
- Complete unit testing and peer review of all code changes.
- Supply documentation to inform setup activities for testing (Systems Integration Testing and Quality Assurance Testing) and provide support during the testing phase actioning all assigned defects in accordance with the agreed priority.
- Complete and support deployment activities for developed code as part of the broader change management process including second line support for changes introduced into Production post go live.
- Proven track record developing batch driven PL/SQL code in a large scale Oracle data (11g, 12c) platform.
- Excellent proficiency in PL/SQL design including the use of dynamic SQL supported by robust logging.
- Hands on experience using Solaris, SQL Client tools such as TOAD or SQL Developer and source version control tools such as Bitbucket.
- Is a team player able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Knowledge of data modelling concepts typically found in Large scale data warehouse implementations.
- Must have experience working with batch processing systems ingesting at least 200GB of source data per day against a base of 8TB using Oracle (11g, 12c).
- Highly desirable, experience in developing and working with OFSAA 7.3.5.x (ALM/FTP 6.1.x).
- Experience with Agile project delivery methodology.
- Communication and interpersonal skills must be excellent.
- Is outcome focused, adapts to change and employs a growth mindset.
We’re reinventing the way we do banking, and our community of collaborative, innovative thinkers who create human centred solutions are helping us get there. We’re responding faster to changing customer requirements, focusing on the things that matter and helping people achieve incredible things – be it buying their home, building a business or saving for things big or small.
We support our people by providing a range of flexible working options so they can work in the way that best suits them. We encourage you to talk to us about your need for flexibility and any adjustments you may require to our recruitment process or the role itself.
We’ll also offer you the opportunity to develop your career, working in a diverse and inclusive workplace where the different backgrounds, perspectives and life experiences of our people are celebrated and create a great place to grow, thrive and belong.
Interested in joining us? Click Apply now, or visit www.anz.com/careers to find out more or view other opportunities.
Reference number AUS127605