StreetAccount is a division of FactSet that aggregates, filters, and contextualizes real-time financial market news for institutional investors. We are adding to our team in APAC and seeking to fill the role of Market News Analyst covering Singapore, Hong Kong and Shanghai.
The role involves all aspects of providing content to our clients, from identifying information, research and news that is material and actionable, to writing concise comments that enable investors to immediately grasp their impact. The team works in varying shifts covering the activity of the Singapore, Hong Kong or Shanghai markets.
StreetAccount's parent company, FactSet, consolidates all the tools you need to monitor global markets, public and private companies, and equity and fixed income portfolios in a single, intuitive interface.
- A passionate interest in financial markets, as well as a clear understanding of how news affects equities and the broader markets
- Previous work experience in a market-focused role (analyst, trader, PM, equity/currency/bond sales, economist, etc.)
- Equity/market knowledge in SG/HK/China and understanding of global markets
- Familiarity with how policies/regulators affect sectors/stocks
- Sector experts needed - tech (internet, semiconductor, delivery/car-hailing), commodities (metals, coal, rare earths), hospitality (restaurants, tourism), financials (banks, insurance, digital yuan, online payments)
- Language skills desirable: ability to read Chinese should be sufficient , and Mandarin but this does not need to be fluent
- Excellent reading comprehension and written communication skills
- The ability to digest and analyze information quickly
- A network of existing contacts to source real-time market information
What we offer:
- Flexible working hours (shifts)
- WFH option
- Regular CSR events (in HK; not sure about other regions)
- Challenges and opportunities in rapid APAC expansion