Managers & Senior Consultants - Data Engineering
- Do you believe in creating powerful actionable insights from Data and Analytics?
- Are you passionate about Digital Transformation?
- Do you want to work in a diverse and flexible working environment?
We re-imagine and re-invent organisations to become world class digital enterprises using advanced technologies, data and human insights. We help organisations to embrace Digital Strategy, Artificial Intelligence (AI) & Cognitive, the Internet of Things (IoT), Data, Analytics & Modelling and more.
We work with clients to:
- Formulate strategies that re-imagine organisations
- Harness innovation from the 4th industrial revolution
- Actioning insights from trusted data to consistently and quickly make clear decisions
- Build adaptive organisations
- Thrive as a connected enterprise - front, middle and back office
Within the Data Engineering Team you will build and or manage of the information or data management pipelines, preparing data for analytical or operational use, you will focus on client engagements and will contribute to the definition and enhancement of data engineering and DataOps disciplines within the practice.
- Drive a technical roadmap for the team, covering non-functional requirements such as scalability, reliability and observability
- Assess new and existing data sources on their applicability to address the business issue and translate the outcomes of the analytical solutions we design in the context of business impacts and benefits.
- Design, construct, install, test and maintain highly scalable, resilient, recoverable data management systems by bringing a software engineering mindset and applying DataOps principles
- Automate the build deployment of data pipelines using and DevOps and CI/CD patterns, including defining what tests are required and can be automated at each stage of the lifecycle of a data pipeline.
- Work closely with Data Scientists to extract and manipulate data from a variety of sources and subsequently cleanse, standardize, scale, bin, categorise, tokenise, stem and transform it in order to get the data into a state suitable for further analysis.
- Design, develop and implement the automated approach for productionising model scoring and the closed loop feedback paths required to support test and learn.
- Previous experience in a similar role and proven ability to undertake the responsibilities and requirements of the role
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills, with a knack for distilling complex and/or technical problems in environments that are often ambiguous.
- An understanding of tailoring the solutions we build for the owners of the solutions (our clients)
- A proven ability to develop and manage enduring client relationships, engendering a sense of trust and respect.
- Demonstrable industry knowledge; understanding the way your primary industry functions and how data can be collected, analyzed and utilized; maintaining flexibility in the face of cloud and data industry developments.
- A disciplined approach to problem solving and an ability to critically assess a range of information to differentiate true business needs as opposed to user requests.
KPMG Australia is part of a global network providing extensive services across a wide range of industries and sectors. Our people collaborate, share their expertise and create innovation as we partner with clients to solve complex challenges, empower change, drive disruption and growth. We look for talented people with the potential to make an extraordinary difference for our clients, our firm and our communities. Advertised:
04 Aug 2021 AUS Eastern Standard Time Applications close:
30 Sep 2021 AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now