- Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
- Permanent, Full time
- 19 Mar 19
- Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with senior finance and various management functions in order to enable effective exchange of financial information required to support financial control activities.
- Manage the monthly financial close process, including finalisation of actuals, month on month analytical review, delivery of results to Divisional Finance team and appropriate governance activities to support and ensure financial integrity.
- Drive and embed simplication, standardisation and elimination of financial control activities and processes where appropriate.
Role Location: 100 Queen Street, Melbourne VIC
Role Type: Permanent Full-time
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Insto Financial Control team in the Transaction Banking area. As a Trade Manager, you will be responsible for managing the BU accounting and reporting services to support the BU Financial Controller including provision of accurate and timely financial information to the BU Divisional Finance team, and ensuring that all statutory and regulatory reporting obligations across the Business Unit are adequately met. This includes the provision of appropriate support to ensure accuracy and timeliness of month-end delivery requirements (including statutory and regulatory reporting), registers, schedules, reconciliations, trial balance, and ensuring accounting services are completed to support financial reporting and successful audit completion.
Your role also requires some technical proficiency especially in the area of financial instruments accounting given the non-vanilla product set as well as investments given the exciting changes driven by the digitalisation of the trade business. Your roles has exposure with many different stakeholders in finance, risk, operations and the business, and requires the ability to collaborate with different areas and teams.
Part of the Financial Control Community of Practice: Formulation, implementation and monitoring of accounting policies and internal controls. Compliance with statutory and regulatory financial reporting requirement. Accountable for the integrity of the numbers by delivering accurate, reliable and timely financial information, ensuring that the processes are streamlined & above all embedding a strong governance culture.
To grow and be successful in this role, you will ideally bring the following:
- Solid professional experience in Finance Roles
- Demonstrated experience with statutory and regulatory accounting within a banking and insurance environment
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to influence, with experience working with off-shore sites
- Strong analytical skills with a strong customer focus
- Chartered Accountant (CA) or Certified Practicing Accountant (CPA) or equivalent
At ANZ, everything we do boils down to ‘why’ – our purpose – to shape a world where people and communities thrive. We're just as focused on seeing our people thrive as well as our customers. We'll give you every opportunity to develop your career.
We are responding faster to changing customer requirements, focusing on the things that matter the most, energising our people, eliminating waste and reducing bureaucracy.
A happy workplace is a thriving one. So in order to attract and keep the best talent, and say thanks for the hard work, we make sure all our employees are rewarded.
ANZ recognises the value of an inclusive and diverse work environment. We take pride in the diversity of our people and encourage applications from diverse candidates. Our recruitment decisions are based on the key inherent needs and requirements of each role, and candidates are selected based on their unique strengths and characteristics.
We work flexibly at ANZ. Talk to us and let us know how this role can be flexible for you.
To find out more about working at ANZ or to view other opportunities visit www.anz.com/careers. You may apply for this role by visiting ANZ Careers and search for reference number AUS096532.