Manager, Sanctions Engineer
We're changing at NAB. Our goal is to build a world-class platform to fight financial crime to keep our community and customers safe from the bad guys. Our engineering teams are at the centre of this fight and we need the best minds to combat the ever-growing threat of organised crime.
- Grow your leadership skills
- Collaborative & challenging fast paced culture
- Build your career at NAB Your new role awaits
As an experienced Manager Engineer you will be responsible for the Sanctions Service delivery, including the vision and roadmap for the technical components and the method of delivery. This will require single point accountability for establishing, delivering, maturing and running a technical Service.
You will have a true passion for technology keeping up with latest trends, including the desire to read and write code - Technology depth and breadth associated with the service; and strong understanding of the boundaries and expectations of related/interdependent services.
Leadership skills are paramount to the success of your large team, therefore having a hands-on approach and keeping up to date with code is key. Your key focus will be
• Delivering services to customers and colleagues in line with service level expectations for the scope of service across dimensions of product, process, data and systems/technology
• API enabling core applications to enable service access and integration with minimal impact on core system change
• Continuously improving (simplifying, hardening/strengthening, accelerating cycle time, reducing cost-to-deliver etc) service maturity through exploitation of cloud offerings, open source capability, workforce talent attraction and retention
• Prioritising and delivering new customer / colleague and technology features, and in line with service "guardrails" (eg architecture, security, risk management, operational readiness, etc.) You are
• Experience in sanctions screening and payments technologies is highly desirable
• Great fundamental knowledge and experience in Opensource Technologies; Java, Python
• Experienced building rich web applications using modern frameworks and tooling
• Commercial experience with Java is highly sort after
• Exposure to working with CI/CD (Jenkins) and AWS
• Git for version control, branching and merging practices
• Understanding of how to build performant, testable and maintainable code
• Agile planning and change delivery methods ("scrum of scrums" level and equivalent)
• Leadership of inhouse and partnered change and run teams of up to 100 people (with direct reports of up to ~50)
• Enjoy learning, sharing and mentoring with teammates and working collaboratively to provide the best service to our stakeholder Your new team
We are part of the NAB Melbourne based technology team with an inclusive and friendly workplace that includes engineers from diverse backgrounds. We value a culture of learning, agility, openness, honesty and continuous improvement. We're NAB
We embrace diversity of thought, style and working arrangements to ensure our workforce is representative of the community that we serve. We have an African Australian Inclusion Program, a range of Grad, Traineeship and Internship Programs, we are proud to have dedicated $55 billion to help address climate change, be recognised as a Gold employer of LGBTI Inclusion by AWEI, and be an endorsed employer for Women by Work180.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome diversity in the workplace. The benefits
From education and volunteer leave to learning benefits and banking discounts, we offer access to a wide range of employee benefits. For more information please visit here.
If you think this role is the right fit for you, we invite you to apply. Let's have a serious but informal chat about who you are and what drives you. We'd love to share our vision for the future of banking.
Please note candidate screening and interviews may be conducted prior to the closing date of the job advert.
*Please note unsolicited CVs from agencies will not be accepted Advertised:
29 Jun 2020 12:00 AM AUS Eastern Standard Time