See job description for details
About The Role
- Provide leadership and expertise to continually enhance the Tribe’s Operating Model, providing further value to our business
- Build sustainable solutions that protect customers, stakeholders and the community
- Constructively challenge the status quo, look for better ways to do things and passionately advocate continuous improvement
Role Location: 839 Collins Street, Docklands VIC 3008
Role Type: 6 Month Secondment
The Customer Strategy and Infrastructure (CSI) team within Digital Risk Australia manages the Risk Infrastructure that supports the entire life cycle of Retail and Commercial portfolios including originations, portfolio management and collections.
With the increased demand for change on the numerous assets comprising the Risk Infrastructure (CDP, CRDH, CRDE, CRTA and TRIAD), the team has an urgent requirement for someone who can support the Tribe leadership with the delivery of BAU change and ongoing activities required for the management of a complex and business critical infrastructure.
As Senior Risk Manager, you will be supporting the Head of Risk Infrastructure – R&C, in particular responsible for the following:
- Co-ordinate completion of all regular attestations, Annual reviews (including ALM), Audit items, requests for ad-hoc information from senior management/ other areas of Bank, Operational Risk reviews, RMGF, RIC, etc.
- Manage financials across BAU including oversight for new large initiatives, and report up any concerns / overspend
- Lead enforcement of a consistent Estimation model across all Risk Platforms (i.e. Story Point Analysis, QBR linkages, etc.)
- Identify opportunities for improvements in the Operating Model (aka Playbooks) and other aspects across the Tribe
- Manage people and be responsible for the personal development and performance reviews of direct reports. Recruits, retains and develops top-talent and proactively manages under-performance.
- Lead ALM initiative including scope and financials tracking, oversee Risks/Issues/Dependencies and moderate SteerCos
We are looking for someone with the following key attributes:
- A team player – You recognise and value the different perspectives and skills your colleagues bring. It is not about being a hero but jumping in and contributing to the successful delivery of the team’s mission
- The customer’s biggest fan – You demonstrate a thirst for better understanding the customer and define the problem and develop solutions through their eyes
- Comfortable being uncomfortable – You are comfortable with uncertainty and have the ability to effectively manage yourself through ambiguity and change
- Continuous improvement junkie – You constructively challenge the status quo, look for better ways to do things and passionately advocate continuous improvement
- Committed to your own and other’s growth – You strive to stretch and grow yourself and others by identifying your own development areas, seeking feedback and providing feedback to others to help them learn and grow everyday
- A problem solver – You are energised by tackling complex problems and use critical thinking, your network, skills, knowledge, and available data to drive better outcomes for our Customers and the Bank
- Risk savvy – You build sustainable solutions that protect customers, stakeholders and the community
- Can appreciate difficult problems – You can work autonomously on tasks with complexity, work collaboratively as part of a team and clearly represent consolidated findings
- Knowledge of business analysis tasks – You have experience in elicitation techniques and are competent in requirements gathering, including interrogation and definition of data
- Can work in a changing dynamic environment – You have experience with agile SCRUM delivery methodologies
- Be a voice of the Tribe – You have the ability to work independently with senior stakeholders
- A capability builder – You build the professional capability and confidence of your team, identifying areas where people may need support. You are committed to enabling mastery, autonomy and purpose in your team.
Leadership skills, ability to work with minimal supervision
- Effective people and project management skills - with the ability to motivate and manage members of a chapter
- Can appreciate difficult problems and work autonomously on tasks with a medium complexity, work collaboratively as part of a team and clearly represents findings
- Sound understanding of Retail and Commercial Risk portfolios, functions and supporting risk systems
- Strong P&L focus, with the ability to think operationally and implement projects providing a P&L impact
- Excellent understanding of system and product delivery lifecycles, disciplines and procedures, including sound knowledge of the ANZ Delivery Framework (ADF)
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills
- A strong execution mindset and ability to deliver quality outputs within required timeframes
- Risk or banking experience
ANZ is a great place to grow. We know our people look to their leaders to understand what is and isn’t valued.
Developing a growth mindset is at the heart of our culture. It means we actively encourage people to try new things so we can improve. With effort, we can all learn and grow.
We ask our leaders to practice daily leadership behaviours – things like connecting with empathy, empowering people, growing people selflessly, being curious and creating shared clarity. These are the leadership behaviours we need to transform ANZ. We support our leaders with tools, tips and online coaching. We work flexibly at ANZ and encourage you to talk to us about how this role can be flexible for you. Some of the work we do can be done from home, and some from an ANZ workplace – it’s all about what works for your team, and above all else, our customers!
ANZ recognises the value of an inclusive and diverse work environment. We take pride in the diversity of our people and encourage applications from diverse candidates. If you are a candidate with a disability, let us know how we can provide you with additional support.
We know many of our roles can be done outside the ANZ workplace so people in these roles can choose to blend working from an ANZ location and working from home.
Our recruitment decisions are based on the key inherent needs and requirements of each role, and candidates are selected based on their unique strengths and characteristics.
To find out more about working at ANZ or to view other opportunities visit www.anz.com/careers. You may apply for this role by visiting ANZ Careers and searching for reference number AUS137982.