See job description for details
About The Role
- Entry into the Financial Services industry leveraging your risk and assurance skills –gaining a deep understanding of ANZ business activities and processes, and opportunities to share your specialist knowledge on risk management and controls
- Make an impact and influence senior finance and business stakeholders – deliver an effective and value-added financial governance program for the Retail & Commercial Division
- Contribute to, and benefit from being a part of a diverse, flexible, and innovative Financial Control community in a rapidly evolving global business
Role Location: 833 Collins Street, Docklands VIC 3008
Role Type: 12-month Fixed Term Contract , Full-time
As a Financial Governance Specialist (Manager), you will support the design, development and implementation of the financial reporting governance framework for ANZ globally. This includes identifying, monitoring and mitigating risks associated with financial reporting via an effective quality assurance and governance program (otherwise known as the Financial Reporting Governance program). You will also identify, test and monitor key business controls and compliance with ANZ Group Finance policies and procedures.
You will work closely with the Group and Divisional Governance leads and partner with senior executives and line management to ensure the integrity of the divisional financial reporting and provide insights into how controls and processes may be enhanced and improved. You will engage with other assurance teams in the business, internal and external auditors.
These roles are part of the Financial Control (FC) community of practice at the bank, which has accountabilities including:
- Ensuring compliance with statutory and regulatory reporting requirements
- Implementing and monitoring the Group’s financial policies and internal control frameworks
- Integrity of financial reporting by delivering accurate, reliable and timely financial information
- Driving simplification through a focus on continuous improvement
- Embedding a robust governance culture
To be successful in this role, you will ideally have the following:
- Extensive experience in all matters relevant to assurance activities, including the assessment of processes and controls over financial reporting. Usually you will have worked in a professional services firm, or in Finance, Assurance or Internal Audit at a large listed corporation.
- A university degree, accounting (CA/CPA) or a similar financial qualification.
- Experience in financial services and understanding of financial products and markets is advantageous but not essential
- You are a confident, independent, risk-minded operator able to challenge the status quo, communicate effectively at a senior level and exercise a healthy dose of professional scepticism.
- In other words, you are a governance partner who brings their own perspective and ideas about how the governance program is planned, executed and reported
At ANZ, everything we do boils down to ‘why’ – our purpose – to shape a world where people and communities thrive. We're just as focused on seeing our people thrive as well as our customers. We'll give you every opportunity to develop your career.
We are responding faster to changing customer requirements, focusing on the things that matter the most, energising our people, eliminating waste and reducing bureaucracy.
A happy workplace is a thriving one. So in order to attract and keep the best talent, and say thanks for the hard work, we make sure all our employees are rewarded. We work flexibly at ANZ and encourage you to talk to us about how this role can be flexible for you and any adjustments you may require to our recruitment process or the role itself.
If you are a candidate with a disability, let us know how we can provide you with additional support.
To find out more about working at ANZ or to view other opportunities visit www.anz.com/careers. You may apply for this role by visiting ANZ Careers and search for reference number Taleo Job Code (AUS121160).