Manager, Divisional Controls - Corporate Functions
- Great opportunity to take the next step in your Risk career
- Develop strong stakeholder management skills to influence business leaders and help NAB achieve its objectives
- Engage and lead a high performing team
You are an experienced risk and controls professional with the ability to engage and lead a high performing team that takes a practical approach to solving issues and adapts to changing priorities quickly. You have a strong background in risk, controls and compliance. This role is critical in developing NAB's end to end process and control environment and creating a centre of excellence for controls at NAB. Day to day you will:
- Advising business leaders on the application of the operational risk and compliance management framework to evaluate risks to achieve business outcomes, identify regulatory obligations and support impact assessments and change within the Division
- Engaging and managing senior stakeholders to implement and improve business systems, processes and controls through the use/integration of the risk and compliance framework
- Working with the business to implement systems and controls to manage the requirements of operational risk and compliance policies which apply to the business
- Risk profiling: assisting to identify key risks and design of indicators to monitor, input into Divisional Risk Setting Statements as relevant
- Designing controls: assisting to identify the right key controls to mitigate key risks and obligations applicable to the business in partnership with the specialist controls team.
- Providing guidance on risk and control items including Subject Matter Expertise for the following: Risks, Obligations Events, Change, and related Policies; Remediation action plans to address any control design or operating effectiveness gaps; management attestations; Relevant Risk Management Forums and/or other risk related committees as required
- Developing and maintaining compliance plans which are ultimately owned by the EGM in consultation with risk and compliance partners,
- Providing business specific input and advise to: Risk deep dive reviews; Internal Audit reviews; Assurance reports and Action plans for ineffective operational controls
- Leading key initiatives within the business and engaging senior stakeholders to ensure key outcomes are delivered
- Coaching and supporting the Senior Consultants and Consultants within the team
We believe success comes from our people. We're committed to supporting your talent and skills through your career, as you help us build a culture that affects change for our customers - and for the community too. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome diversity in the workplace. The benefits
From education and volunteer leave to learning benefits and banking discounts, we offer access to a wide range of employee benefits. For more information please visit here.
If you think this role is the right fit for you, we invite you to apply. Let's have a serious but informal chat about who you are and what drives you. We'd love to share our vision for the future of banking.
To be eligible to apply, you must have Australian or New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency status. Please note candidate screening and interviews may be conducted prior to the closing date of the job advert.
*Please note unsolicited CVs from agencies will not be accepted. Advertised:
26 Sep 2019 12:00 AM AUS Eastern Standard Time