Mainframe Storage Specialist
This is a 1 year fixed term position in Melbourne.
Your Role and Responsibilities
- Work with a highly experienced, technical team
- Make an impact with mission critical work for our client
- 12month position in Melbourne
The role entails the development, implementation, administration and technical support of MVS mainframe DASD and TAPE storage management systems, and participating and contributing in the planning and implementation of storage management projects as directed.
What will I be doing?
- Provide technical support for backup and storage solutions
- Review business proposals, install, customise and support storage management products
- Monitor reliability, availability and performance of storage systems and maintain software licensing
- Develop, upgrade and maintain backup and storage standards, procedures, policies, etc.
What skills or experience are essential?
- 5+ years experience in large-scale data processing environment
- Operational knowledge of z/OS mainframe
- Highly developed knowledge of tape management systems
What skills or experience are desired?
- Experience in working with ISO 9001 procedures
- Storage management sub-systems: DFHSM, DFSMS, DFDSS, FDR, ABR
- Systems monitoring and scheduling packages (Control-M)
IBM welcomes applications from people of all backgrounds. If you require accommodations or adjustments, we encourage you to make us aware so that we can support you through the application process. Sign me up!
If you thick these boxes and are ready to start your next challenge with a career at IBM - click 'Apply' today and upload your CV.
To find out more, head to www.ibm.com.au/careers
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
About Business Unit
At Global Technology Services (GTS), we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network.
Your Life @ IBM
As the world's biggest IT services and Consultancy Company IBM has your professional life in mind. With an extensive range of business areas, award-winning professional development and training programs and attractive flexible working options, at IBM we give you the power to design your career according to your unique style and needs.
Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.