Machine Learning Specialist Solution Architect
Are you a passionate technologist who enjoys collaborating with customers and who can influence and drive innovation in some of Australia's most complex enterprise environments using cutting-edge technology?
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for a Senior Solution Architect to work with our Public Sector customers to understand what options exist to enhance their business with Machine Learning, and how AWS can help them achieve better solutions, faster.
About the Role
At AWS, customer obsession is in our DNA. As a trusted advisor to your customers, you will be responsible for articulating the AWS Machine Learning strategy and solution options, and driving the technical ML strategy for the ANZ business. You will be working collaboratively with AWS sales, business development, solutions architecture, support, services and product teams to craft highly scalable, performant and resilient cloud architectures that address the customer's business problems and accelerate the adoption of AWS ML services.
This is a customer facing role, so you must be comfortable speaking and influencing senior stakeholders and be a trusted advisor to both internal and external audiences. It goes without saying that you must have experience in the application of Machine Learning to business or citizen problems, and can reference solutions you helped put in place, or research you have conducted. Couple all that with a baseline knowledge of, or even certification in AWS, and this role is made for you!
In return we provide you the chance to work with some of the smartest minds from around the world who are leading the way in cloud-based architecture design. On a daily basis you will be challenged to think differently, learn more, and build elegant solutions.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Your broad responsibilities will include: owning the technical engagement and ultimate success around specific Machine Learning projects, and developing a deep expertise in the AWS ML technologies as well as broad know-how around how applications and services are constructed using the AWS platform.
• Responsible for the AWS Machine Learning strategy within multiple customers, helps the customer helping the account SA and others develop the strategy to drive ML service adoption that solves real problems in the customer.
• Own technical engagements, and help ensure a timely and successful delivery of value. (Delivery is typically done by AWS consultants and partners)
• Exhibit leadership within a very sophisticated IT landscape and become the trusted adviser to different stakeholders in the customer's organisation's hierarchy, enabling others to become cloud champions
• Be a thought leader and comfortable in speaking in public. Conduct one-to-few and one-to-many knowledge sessions to transfer learnings to customers considering or already using AWS
• Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the AWS architecture community including authoring or otherwise contributing to AWS customer-facing publications such as whitepapers and blogs.
• Act as a technical liaison between customers, engineering teams and support
• Demonstrate the "art of the possible" using demonstrations and proof-of-concept code. Basic Qualifications
AWS supports candidates coming from a variety of backgrounds and careers, and is also keen to support those who are returning to work or looking to change careers. if you feel you have similar skills to the basic qualification requirements, but are not an exact match we encourage you to submit an application. if you would feel there are special circumstances you would like us to be aware of please include the tag [CONSIDERATION] in your application and we will make an effort to accommodate an extra discussion.
• Highly technical and analytical, possessing extensive experience in Machine Learning, preferably in a consulting or presales role.
• Strong client facing and consulting experience. Influencing senior stakeholder and working in large complex enterprise environments
• Experience architecting practical Machine Learning solutions
• Keen interest and strong experience in Serverless/DevOps/ Machine Learning/ IOT and other emerging technologies
• History in software development, software architecture or enterprise applications
• Possesses strong business and commercial acumen, and the ability to articulate and advise non-technical executive stakeholders on their IT strategy and how the AWS platform can help transform the organisation into an innovative, competitive and disruptive entity by leveraging cloud based IT technology to enable innovation and achieve success
• Outstanding communications skills, both written and oral. Preferred Qualifications
• AWS Certified SA Professional
• Hands on systems and/or development experience (e.g. proficiency in Java, NodeJS or Python)
• Technical degree (Computer Science or Math background highly desired)
• Experience migrating or transforming legacy customer solutions to the cloud.
• Experience with Public Sector Agencies would be highly preferred.
• Familiarity with common enterprise services (Directory Services, Information Assurance, Virtual Desktop, etc.), products (i.e., Oracle, SAP) and enterprise patterns (Event-model, Data Driven Design, ESB, reverse-proxy, etc.)
• Confident and experienced public speaker, influencing industry through personal bogs, papers and knowledge sessions - highly preferred.