See job description for details
Immediately available Legal Counsel role, Permanent role. Your new company
Hays Legal has partnered with a Victorian statutory authority to recruit for a Legal Counsel on a permanent basis. You will be working with highly qualified legal professionals specialising in commercially focused legal advice. Your new role
In this autonomous role reporting directly to the General Counsel and Board Secretary, you will draft, review and negotiate a variety of commercial contracts, in particular ICT contracts. You will advise on legislative compliance and statutory interpretation issues (including but not limited to privacy and data protection). In addition, you will:
What you'll need to succeed
- Provide expert legal advice on a range of issues including commercial law (including procurement and tendering), and privacy and data protection/access.
- Draft, review and negotiate commercial agreements for a range of goods and services and advise on contract management issues.
- Draft, review and improve template agreements and guidance materials and provide guidance to the procurement services team
- Monitor and review legal practices and processes within the organisation
- Manage the outsourcing of external legal services, as directed by the General Counsel and Board Secretary.
To be considered for this position, you will have:
What you'll get in return
- A legal qualification and a current Australian Legal Practising Certificate
- 7+ years' PAE
- Demonstrated ability in providing expert legal advice in commercial law, contract drafting and contract management, statutory interpretation and public law.
- Demonstrated experience in providing legal advice on matter relating to privacy and data / information access.
- Excellent communications skills and ability to deal with different stakeholders effectively.
If successful in the role you will have the opportunity to join a highly competent team reporting and assisting a supportive manager. There is competitive remuneration on offer. What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us Suras Khosla now on 9604 9519 or email email@example.com.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. LHS 297508